While the 52nd ACM Awards don't take place until Sunday, April 2, up-and-coming country crooner Jon Pardi can certainly start celebrating early after winning New Male Vocalist Of The Year presented by T-Mobile.
Pardi, who grew up in sunny California, started writing at the tender age of 12 and, from there, hit the ground running by almost immediately moving to Nashville after his high-school graduation.
Since opening for Dierks Bentley in 2010, Pardi has come a long from being the first act on the bill. In fact, after he released his first song in 2012, it only took a few years and two highly acclaimed albums for Pardi to morph into the headliner that country-music fans are coming to see.
Before Pardi takes the stage to perform at the 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards, which is hosted by Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley and airs live on Sunday, April 2 at 8/7c on CBS and CBS All Access, make sure to give these five songs a listen.
1. "Missin' You Crazy": Released in March 2012, "Missin' You Crazy," shows off the singer's natural talent crafting intricate lyrics as the song presents a wistful narrative that's totally relatable for anyone who's ever been in a long-distance relationship.
2. "Up All Night": The crooner's second single, which features classic country's signature twang, is about what it's like to be young and in love, and quickly became the California native's first Top 10 hit.
3. "What I Can't Put Down": While this tune's rock-'n'-roll-inspired melody might be different from the rest of Pardi's songs, it further proves the fresh-faced crooner is nothing less than versatile.
4. "Head Over Boots": True to form, the first single off Pardi's sophomore album, California Sunrise, finds the singer speaking straight from his heart, allowing himself to be honest and vulnerable—two things that are often imitated but never duplicated.
5. "Dirt On My Boots": Pardi's most recent single, which peppers fiddle riffs into a steady, uptempo beat, gets your toes tapping from the very start and, from there, you might just find yourself scootin' around the floor.
Learn more about the 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards on CBS.com.