Show Writers Lauren MacKenzie and Andrew Gettens shared some insider secrets from the episode, titled "Freedom From Fear." Check them out below:
1. Remember Toby? In "Freedom From Fear," Madeline mentions that Cam is at Toby's house, but it isn't the first time he's been mentioned. In Chapter Five, Alison refers to finding Cam at Toby's house watching "Weird Science" together.
2. The festive exterior of the Hawthorne home from the night of the murder was an illusion. Cam and Toby's car scene was shot in front of a green screen during the day.
3. Did you spot this episode's Easter egg? In Chapter Four, Madeline comforts Tessa on the stairs and offhandedly remarks, "I can't remember the last time I sat on these stairs." The last time the Hawthorne matriarch sat on the stairs was when she was contemplating what to do about SBK's body.
4. The art department truly went above and beyond when they created the creepy dollhouse. It wasn't originally designed to open, so weeks of meticulous re-crafting were necessary to make it look just like the real Hawthorne house.
5. Jeff Russo, the composer for American Gothic, was a founding member of the '90s rock bad Tonic. One of his band's hits can be heard in this episode.
Watch "Freedom From Fear" on demand with CBS All Access.
For more on American Gothic, follow us on Twitter.
We Asked, You Answered: American Gothic Fans Share Their Own Dark Secrets
American Gothic Chapter Six Recap: 8 Shocking Moments (Spoilers)
Spot The Silver Bells Hidden In American Gothic