A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET: REAL NIGHTMARES
All applicants must sign statements acknowledging that they have read, understand and will comply with all of the following eligibility requirements ("Eligibility") of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET: REAL NIGHTMARES (the "Program") in order to proceed with the application process:
1. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Lola Pix, Inc. ("Producer") and New Line Cinema, CBS network, and all of their respective subsidiaries and divisions of Time Warner Inc. or any of their respective affiliated, subsidiary or parent companies and all other companies associated with the production, administration and/or exhibition of the Program and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parent, partner, affiliated and subsidiary companies, divisions, and joint ventures as well as (a) the immediate family (spouse, ex-spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, step-parents, step-children, step-siblings, regardless of where they live), and (b) members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents; are not eligible to be on the Program or to participate in this application process.
2. All applicants must be United States citizens or resident aliens living in the United States.
3. All applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of application.
4. All applicants must never have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, other than a minor traffic violation.
5. All applicants must be willing and able to participate in contests with both physical and mental challenges. Applicants must sign a release attesting to the fact that the applicant understands and knowingly and willingly agrees to assume such risks (said risks to include, without limitation, serious injury, illness or disease, death and/or property damage). Applicants understand that by submitting this participant application (the "Participant Application"), applicants acknowledge that they accept and assume all risks known or unknown of any nature (including, without limitation, the foregoing) that may arise in any way from or relate to applicant's participation in the selection process for and/or participation in the Program.
6. Each applicant acknowledges, understands and agrees that Producer may disclose any information contained within or derived from his or her application to third persons and/or entities connected with the Program, including without limitation CBS, and to compile information from third parties in connection with such application and the application process about applicant's private, personal and public life, medical treatment/history (both physical and mental); educational and employment history; military history; criminal investigations, charges and records (collectively, "Personal Information"). Applicant acknowledges and agrees that Producer and/or others, including without limitation CBS, may reveal such Personal Information to third parties in the course of the application process and/or the Program and that applicant releases, discharges, and holds harmless Companies (as defined below) from any and all claims and damages arising from such compilation or disclosure of Personal Information.
7. Each applicant acknowledges, understands, and agrees that Companies' (as defined below) use or revelation of Personal Information and Recordings as defined in these Eligibility Requirements may be embarrassing, unfavorable, humiliating, and/or derogatory. Each applicant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the Companies from any and all claims (including, without limitation, claims for slander, libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy, publicity, personality, and/or civil rights, depiction in a false light, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, copyright infringement, and/or any other tort and/or damages arising from or in any way relating to the submission of a Participant Application, participation in the selection process, participation in the Program, the use of the Personal Information and/or the use of the applicant's name, voice, and/or likeness in connection with the Program and all recordings thereof ("Recordings"), or the promotion thereof and/or in the promotion of CBS in all media now known or hereafter devised. Applicants are required to sign Releases to this effect. "Companies" as used herein shall collectively mean Lola Pix, Inc., New Line Television, Inc., New Line Cinema, and all other subsidiaries and divisions of Time Warner Inc., CBS, and all sponsors and/or advertisers of the Program, Program broadcaster and distributors and all other companies associated with the production, administration and/or exhibition of the Program and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parent, partner, affiliated and subsidiary companies, divisions and joint venture partners, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents.
8. Each applicant acknowledges and agrees that he or she is not and will under no circumstances become an employee or an independent contractor of the Producer and/or Companies as a result of the submission of a Participant Application, participation in the selection process, participation in the Program, the use of the Personal Information or Recordings and/or the use of the applicant's name, voice, and/or likeness in connection with the Program, the promotion thereof and/or the promotion of CBS, in all media now known or hereafter devised or for any other reason in connection with his or her application and/or participation in the Program. Furthermore, each applicant acknowledges and agrees that he or she will not make any claims against Producer and/or Companies, including, without limitation, claims for compensation, derived from any allegation of status as an employee. Each applicant acknowledges and agrees that his or her relationship to Producer and/or Companies is and shall be limited solely to that of a grantor of rights.
9. All applicants must authorize Producer to conduct a background check, which may include, without limitation, a credit check, a criminal arrest and/or conviction check, a civil litigation check, a family court litigation check, interviews with employers, neighbors, teachers, etc. All applicants must sign Authorization to Release Personal and Confidential Records and Information.
10. All applicants who are selected as Semi-Finalists must complete and timely return the "Semi-Finalist Package," which may include, among other documents, a Medical History Form and Authorization (which form should be completed by Applicant and his or her own physician at Semi-Finalist's own expense); General Release and Indemnity Agreement; Confidentiality Agreement; and Background Check Authorization Form (all forms will be furnished to the Semi-Finalists). In the Authorization, General Release and Indemnity Agreement, the Semi-Finalist agrees to assume the risk of any and all injury, illness, damage, loss, or harm to Semi-Finalist's person, reputation or property of any kind, howsoever caused, arising from or relating to the submission of a Participant Application, the selection of Semi-Finalist, participation in the Program, and/or the production and/or exploitation of the Program.
11. All applicants who are selected as Semi-Finalists may be required to undergo physical and psychological examinations and testing (by professionals selected by the Producer) and meet all physical and psychological requirements, as set by Producer in its sole discretion.
12. All applicants shall treat all information and materials received or acquired about Producer, Companies, the selection process and/or the Program, as strictly confidential and shall not disclose or otherwise disseminate any such information to any third party. Semi-Finalists must sign a Confidentiality Agreement in the form presented by Producer.
13. Upon Producer's request, all Semi-Finalists and Finalists, must agree to sign any additional releases or authorizations that Producer, in its sole discretion, deems necessary.
14. All applicants must be available to travel and participate in the Program for approximately one (1) week during the month of July 2004 and approximately one (1) week during the month of August 2004 and to participate in additional tape dates and in promotional activities for the Program thereafter upon Producer's request. (Dates and/or location subject to change in Producer's sole discretion).