NO PURCHASE OR MOBILE DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT FOR RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO & ALL US TERRITORIES) AT LEAST 18 OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE, ON DATE OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. MSG AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
Sponsor, Administrator, Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc.("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI CBS Broadcasting Inc. ("CBS"), 51 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019 and the Academy of Country Music, 5500 Balboa Boulevard, Encino, CA 91316
1. Acceptance of Official Rules. By entering the ACM's 50th Anniversary Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") operated on the CBS Interactive Inc. Web site accessible at the domain "cbs.com" (the "CBSI Service"), you ("you", "Participant") hereby accept and agree to this official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) Registered Users; (b) legal residents of the United States; and (c) at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in state of residence, at the date of entry in this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void in all US territories and possessions, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parent companies, affiliated and subsidiary companies, franchisees, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, licensors, copyright owners and production companies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Registered User" means a person who has successfully completed the CBSI Service registration form by submitting a valid e-mail and associated password ("Password") on the CBSI Service.
3. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins on April 6, 2014 at 12:00:00 PM PT and ends at 12:00:00 PM PT on May 6, 2014 (the "Promotion Period").
4. Entering Sweepstakes. To enter the Sweepstakes, go to the Sweepstakes page accessible at www.cbs.com/shows/academy_of_country_music/ within the CBSI Service, during the Promotion Period follow the instructions to complete the Sweepstakes entry form, including, without limitation, submitting your valid e-mail address and Password and you will receive one (1) entry into the Grand Prize (as defined below) drawing. If you are not a Registered User you may become a Registered User by completing the registration form where it says Register Now. There is no fee or charge to become a Registered User. Limit one entry per person.
If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smart phone, tablet or wireless device that allows you access to the internet, you may enter the Sweepstakes via any of those devices during the Sweepstakes Period. You may be charged data rates according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and participants should contact their wireless carrier for information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Mobile and wireless service is offered on an 'as is' basis, may not be available in all areas at all times, and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by your wireless carrier. Your wireless service carrier may change or discontinue your service, may charge you additional amounts at any time by giving you prior notice and/or it may discontinue service if you disagree to additional charges.
5. Grand Prize. The Sweepstakes will award one grand prize ("Grand Prize") that consists of a trip for two to Dallas, Texas, including roundtrip airfare, two (2) night hotel accommodations, two (2) tickets to the 2015 ACM Awards (the "Event"). Event tentatively scheduled for April 5, 2015. (Update: Event will be held April 19, 2015) Total approximate retail value of Grand Prize is Five Thousand Dollars (US$5, 000.00), certain terms and restriction apply. See section 6, Prize Restrictions.
6. Prize Restrictions. Grand Prize includes: (i) round-trip coach air transportation for winner and guest to Dallas, Texas, from a single major U.S. airport nearest winner's home (as determined by Sponsor); (ii) ground transportation in Dallas from Airport to and from hotel and hotel to and from the Event; (iii) two (2) nights in regular double occupancy hotel accommodation; and (iv) two tickets to the Event; Trip is subject to Event production schedules. If the Event is canceled, rescheduled or if the grand prize winner (the "Grand Prize Winner") cannot take the trip on a date specified by the Sponsor, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Grand Prize Winner other than to supply the trip as described, minus the Event experience. No compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in Grand Prize value. In the event of Grand Prize Winner not taking trip on dates specified by Sponsor, Grand Prize Winner must take trip within one (1) year of notification or Grand Prize will be forfeited. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes, meals, beverages and gratuities are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and guest. If Grand Prize Winner resides within a 100 mile radius of Dallas, Texas, ground transportation may be provided to the Grand Prize Winner and guest in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in Grand Prize value.
Certain travel restrictions may apply. Actual value may vary based on location of departure city and dates of travel, no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in Grand Prize value. Specifics of travel package are subject to availability and at Sponsor's sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of trip will be furnished with prize notification. Travel must be made through Sponsor's agent on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and provide all necessary travel documents required. If guest of Grand Prize Winner is under 18 years old, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian. Guest (or if minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) must sign and return publicity release (except where prohibited) and an affidavit of liability release prior to issuance of travel documents. Grand Prize is nontransferable. The Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to stop the Grand Prize Winner and guest from participating in any portion of the Grand Prize, including, without limitation, the Event, if Grand Prize Winner and/or guest engage in any conduct the Sweepstakes Entities deem to be improper or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Event.
No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of the Grand Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should the Grand Prize or its components become unavailable. Grand Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Grand Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
7. Odds/Drawing/Winner Notification. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. The Grand Prize drawing will take place on or about May 7, 2014. The Grand Prize drawing will be conducted at random by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email and/or by phone within seven (7) days from drawing date. If potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Grand Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only one (1) attempt for a new alternate will be conducted. If attempt fails, unclaimed Grand Prize will not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes. All income, federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning the Grand Prize, will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release. Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within three (3) days of receipt date. Failure to return the Release Forms timely, or if a Grand Prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Grand Prize Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with this Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Grand Prize Winner selected in accordance with this Official Rules. Grand Prize Winner's travel companion must complete, execute and return a Travel Companion Liability Release, a Travel Companion Publicity Release (collectively, the "Travel Companion Release Forms") prior to issuance of travel documents. Failure to return the Travel Companion Release Forms timely may prevent travel companion of Grand Prize Winner from participating in the trip.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, the Grand Prize Winner's acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Grand Prize Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without compensation.
11. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of the Sweepstakes and/or the Grand Prize, or refuse to award the Grand Prize, if entrants engage in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration into the Sweepstakes or Grand Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with the Sweepstakes. Grand Prize Winner agrees that Administrator may void any part of the Grand Prize that Grand Prize Winner may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Grand Prize that Grand Prize Winner may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Grand Prize Winner further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Grand Prize and/or return of the Grand Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the Grand Prize Winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to this Sweepstakes.
14. Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
15. Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and Participant hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of the Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in this Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
16. Grand Prize and Grand Prize Winner. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and Participant hereby forever waive(s) any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Grand Prize Winner, the distribution of the Grand Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the Grand Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of the Grand Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
17. Release and Indemnity. Each Participant in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Grand Prize Winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to the Sweepstakes.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, LICENSORS, COPYRIGHT OWNERS, PRODUCTION COMPANIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES & GRAND PRIZE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the Grand Prize Winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address attached to the winning entry submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address of the submitted entry.
21. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with this Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23. Winner List/Official Rules. For the name of the Grand Prize Winner send a self- addressed stamped envelope for receipt by May 31, 2014 to "Winner's list ACM's 50th Anniversary Sweepstakes" c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For Official Rules mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules ACM's 50th Anniversary Sweepstakes" for receipt by May 6, 2014 (residents of VT. may omit postage). The full name of the Grand Prize Winner may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on the CBSI Service.