Listen up, Amazing Race fans! You'll be elated to hear that the 27th season of the Emmy Award-winning show kicked off Monday, June 22, in Venice Beach, California bringing 11 new teams together for the journey of a lifetime.
Fans and the new cast of Season 27 gathered together before the 22 racers took off.
Host Phil Keoghan described the electric mood of the morning kick-off, saying, "The energy there this morning really made it. We had former racers, including the very first winner of the Race."
Smiles from past winners shined bright at Venice Beach.
Laura, winner of Season 26, had advice for the new racers.
Phil added, "All those people there together with the crowd really turned up the energy. And that energy was a really great way to start off."
The following 11 teams will compete in Season 27:
- Ernest Phillips and Jin Lao: Brothers from Boston, Massachusetts.
- Denise Williams and James Earl Corley: Mother and son from Prattville, Alabama.
- Cindy and Rick Chac: Newlyweds from San Diego, California.
- Alex Manard and Adam Dingeman: Cousins from Champaign, Illinois and Des Moines, Iowa, respectively.
- Justin Scheman and Diana Bishop: Engaged couple from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Jazmine Lewis and Danielle Littleton: Athletes from Los Angeles, California.
- Tanner Kloven and Josh Ahern: Best friends from Dallas, Texas.
- Kelly Berning and Shevonne Sullivan: TMZ editor and post production supervisor, respectively, from Los Angeles, California.
- Kelsey Gerckens and Joey Buttitta: Dating news anchors from Santa Barbara, California.
- Logan Fazio and Chris Gordon: Dating paparazzi from Miami Beach, Florida.
- Tiffany Chantell Torres and Krista DeBono: Friends from Hoboken, New Jersey, and Staten Island, New York, respectively.
The crew catches every bit the journey first hand.
"We're really going back to grassroots Amazing Race this season," Phil said of how this season is one not to be missed by fans. "We are bringing back things from Season 1. I live tweet the Race every week and can see what the fans are saying. We really listen to fans. We saw what they were saying they wanted more of and that's what we are bringing this season."
"You don't have to be big to win the race. Teams will surprise you. It's a very diverse cast this season," Phil said. "We want to represent America and there are all sorts of people in this country. That's what we are bringing to the race."
Relive last season's adventures before diving into the next journey this fall. And, be sure to keep up with Phil Keoghan, who tweets from each breathtaking destination.
Amazing Race will kick off the season premiere on Friday, September 25, at 8/7c.
Everything #PhilFacts Taught Us
Tyler and Laura, Winners of Season 26
A Fight To The Finale