Instructions to change your password should arrive in your inbox in a few moments.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MUST BE LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C, AT LEAST 18 OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE, AND OLDER, WITH A VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Sponsor, Administrator, Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Sweepstakes Entities: CBS Interactive Inc. and Ford Motor Company, One American Road, Dearborn, MI 48126
1. Acceptance of Official Rules. By entering the "Taurus Race to the Finish Line" (the "Sweepstakes") operated on the CBSI web site accessible at the domain "cbs.com" (the "CBS Service"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) legal residents of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or District of Columbia; b) have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance; and (c) at least 18 or age of majority, whichever is older in their state of residence, and older at the date of entry in this Sweepstakes. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising, dealerships and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Sweepstakes is void outside of the 50 U.S., in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
3. Promotional Period. The Sweepstakes begins on February 20, 2012 at 12:00:00 AM ET and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on May 13, 2012 (the "Promotional Period"). The Promotional Period is divided into twelve (12) weekly entry periods (each, a "Weekly Entry Period"). The Weekly Entry Periods will commence and end as specified in the Weekly Entry Period schedule below.
4. Entering Sweepstakes. To enter this Sweepstakes go to www.cbs.com/ford on the CBS Service, at any time during the Promotional Period, and follow the instructions to complete the Sweepstakes entry form, including, without limitation, creating a user id and password, submitting your full name, physical address, email address, date of birth and phone number. By completing registration, users will be entered into the Sweepstakes and earn (1) entry into the Grand Prize random draw portion of this Sweepstakes. By completing the Challenge presented as part of the Sweepstakes, a user will earn one (1) entry into the Weekly Prize random draw portion of the Sweepstakes as well as a stamp in their virtual passport (provided by the Contest Entities). Once participants complete the Challenge, participants will have the opportunity to earn one (1) extra entry into the Grand Prize drawing per Weekly Entry Period by sharing with their friends their completed Challenge on Twitter or Facebook. Participants must have an account with Facebook or Twitter in order to share their completed Challenge. If a participant completes all twelve (12) Challenges throughout the Promotional Period, participant will receive five (5) additional entries into the Grand Prize drawing. There will be twelve (12) Weekly Entry Periods and Challenges (in total) available during the Promotional Period. There is a limit of one entry per person per Weekly Entry Period for the Weekly Prize. There is a limit of eighteen (18) entries per person for the Grand Prize, during the Promotional Period. Participants will have access to a prior's Weekly Entry Period Challenge and can earn an entry into the Grand Prize drawing by completing and sharing such Challenge; however, participants will not accrue an entry for a closed Weekly Entry Period and its Weekly Prize drawing. Ten (10) weekly prizes (each, a "Weekly Prize(s)"), as described below, shall be randomly awarded per Weekly Entry Period in accordance to the schedule herein. One grand prize ("Grand Prize"), as described below, shall be randomly awarded after the end of the Promotional Period. The first ten users to complete a weekly challenge and earn entry into the weekly sweepstakes will also earn an exclusive "early bird" badge that will appear on their virtual passports and be able to share such accomplishment with their friends on Facebook and Twitter.
Weekly Entry Periods & Weekly Prizes Drawing Dates Schedule:Each Weekly Entry Period (with the exception of the first that begins at 12:00:00 AM ET) on Mondays and end at 11:59:59 AM ET the following Sunday during the Promotional Period.
The Grand Prize drawing will be conducted at random on or about 5/14/12.
Ten (10) weekly winners will each receive one (1) prize package that consists of: a T-shirt, a backpack and a luggage tag, prize packages have an approximate retail value ("ARV") of Fifty Five Dollars ($55.00) each. Total ARV of the Weekly Prizes to be awarded over the Promotional Period is Six Thousand Six Hundred Dollars ($6,600.00). Limit one Weekly Prize per person, household and email address. Weekly Prize winners remain eligible for the Grand Prize.
Grand Prize: The Sweepstakes will award one (1) Grand Prize that consists of one (1) 2013 Ford Taurus, with an ARV of Thirty Nine Thousand Nine Hundred Ten Dollars ($39,910.00), and a check for Fifteen Thousand Dollars ($15,000.00) towards your own Amazing Race Journey. ARV of Grand Prize is Fifty-Four Thousand Nine Hundred and Ten Dollars ($54,910.00)
Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded in the Sweepstake is Sixty One Thousand Five Hundred Ten US Dollars ($61,510.00 US Dollars).
6. Grand Prize winner (the "Grand Prize Winner") is solely responsible for registration, title and license fees, insurance, and all other costs, taxes, including but not limited to state, federal, local and income, expenses, and applicable laws associated with vehicle registration and all associated laws herewith. Grand Prize Winner must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and meet eligibility requirements in these Official Rules. Grand Prize Winner must pick up his/her vehicle at the Ford dealership nearest his/her residence, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Once Grand Prize Winner has been notified that vehicle is at the Ford dealership, he or she must pick up vehicle within thirty (30) days of date of such notification. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the delivery date of vehicle up to sixty (60) days from the date of notification to the Grand Prize Winner. Vehicle will only be released upon proof of valid driver's license currently in force and satisfactory proof of valid insurance. Sponsor reserves the right to change product specifications at any time without incurring any obligations. Grand Prize winner is not eligible for any cash back, incentives or rebate which may be available on the vehicle at time of delivery. Grand Prize is nontransferable. All taxes, including but not limited to federal, state, local, income and other taxes incurred by accepting the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of the Grand Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize with a Prize of comparable or greater value should the Grand Prize become unavailable. All other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
7. Odds/Drawings/Winner Notification. Odds of winning a Weekly Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received for each Weekly Entry period. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the entire Promotional Period (the Grand Prize and Weekly Prizes collectively, the "Prize(s)"). The random Prize drawings will take place according to the schedule in section 4 above. The Prize drawings will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Potential Grand Prize Winner and Weekly Prize Winners (collectively the "Prize Winner(s)") will be notified by email and/or by phone. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during (5) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only two attempts for new alternates will be conducted per Prize. If attempts fail, unclaimed Prize(s) will not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes. All income, federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Prize Winner. Grand Prize winner must supply Administrator with his/her social security number for tax purposes and Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Administrator for the ARV of the Grand Prize (stated above) for the calendar year won.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release. Prize Winners may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within five (5) days of receipt date. Failure to return Release Forms within the timeframes stated herein, or if Prize notification or the Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Prize Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Prize Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Prize Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
11. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award a Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Administrator may void any part of a Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Prize Winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
14. Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
15. Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
16. Prizes and Prize Winners. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Prize Winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
17. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Prize Winners, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, DEALERSHIPS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES & PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON- INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
21. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 22 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.23. Winner List/Official Rules. For the name of the Prize Winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 30, 2012 to "Winner's list "Taurus Race to the Finish Line" Sweepstakes c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For Official Rules mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules: "Taurus Race to the Finish Line" Sweepstakes Rules for receipt by May 12, 2012 (residents of VT. may omit postage). The full name of the Prize Winners may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on the CBS Service. TMAmazing Race Productions Inc. © 2011 Amazing Race Productions Inc. and ABC Studios. All Rights Reserved.