Instructions to change your password should arrive in your inbox in a few moments.
8 3/8 ounces whole wheat flour
1 7/8 ounces all-purpose flour
3 ounces dark brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 ounces unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes and chilled
2 1/4 ounces molasses
1 1/2 ounces whole milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
2 tablespoon cold water
2 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
12 ounces semisweet chocolate
2 ounces oil
• Preheat oven to 350 F
• Place both flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Add the molasses, milk and vanilla extract and process until the dough forms a ball, approximately 1 minute. Press the ball into a 1/2-inch thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• Unwrap the chilled dough and place it onto a large piece of parchment paper and top with a second sheet of parchment paper. Roll the dough out until it is 1/4-inch thick. Cut into circles. Bake
• Combine water, corn syrup, and sugar in a saucepan, bring to a boil until soft-ball stage (235 degrees F).
• Meanwhile sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water and let dissolve.
• Remove syrup from the heat, add gelatin, and mix.
• Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form and pour the syrup into the whites. Add the vanilla and continue whipping until stiff.
• Transfer to a pastry bag.
• Melt two ingredients together over a double boiler.