Instructions to change your password should arrive in your inbox in a few moments.
Orange Chiffon w/ Tequila Glaze
2 ¼ cups cake flour
1 ½ cups sugar
1 tablespoon double acting baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup vegetable oil
7 large yolks
¾ cups fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons fresh orange zest
2 teaspoons vanilla
9 large egg whites
1 tsp. cream of tartar
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
• Sift flour, ¾ cup of the sugar, baking powder, and the salt. Set aside.
• In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, oil, orange juice, zest, and vanilla
• Whisk yolk mixture into the flour mixture until smooth
• In a large bowl of stand mixer, beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they are foamy
• Add cream of tartar
• Beat until stiff peaks
• Add the remaining ¾ sugar a little at a time until they hold stiff, glossy peaks
• Stir in 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter to lighten the batter
• Then fold in the remaining gently but thoroughly
• Spoon batter into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan, 4 inches deep
• Flip pan onto a rack and let cool for 1 hour.
• Cut around sides
• Cut cake from bottom tube