7 oz semi sweet chocolate
1/3 cup instant espresso powder
1/3 cup all purpose flour
2 cup milk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 egg yolks
1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
6 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees
• Butter a 6 cup souffle dish with butter and then dust with sugar. (add a 3 inch collar of parchment paper folded at least 4 times also buttered and sugared.)
• Melt chocolate and espresso together in a double boiler
• In a 2 quart saucepan place flour. Slowly add milk, vigourously whisking.
• Put saucepan on medium heat, add butter. Constantly whisking once butter is melted let sauce come to a simmer for 2 minutes.
• Take off heat and continue to whisk for an additional minute. Then slowly add egg yolks one at a time whisking.
• Add melted chocolate mixture and whisk until combnined. Add grand marnier
• In a separate bowl beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Continuing to beat, sprinkly sugar on mixture. Continue until glossy stiff peaks form.
• Take 1/4 of the egg white mixture and whisk into the chocolate mixture. Then fold that into the remaining egg white mixture.
• Pour into souffle dish up to interior lower lip. Place on sheet tray and put in oven.
• Turn oven down to 375 degrees and bake souffle for 35-40 minutes.