NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AT LEAST 18 OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE, AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL US TERRITORIES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. US LAW GOVERNS THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Rd, Suite 200 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI, CBS Broadcasting Inc., ("CBS"), 51 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019 and Classified Ventures, LLC and 175 West Jackson Blvd, Suite 800, Chicago IL.
1) Acceptance of Official Rules. By entering the Big Bang Theory Ultimate Fan Game (the "Sweepstakes") operated on the CBSI web site accessible at the domain "cbs.com" (the "CBSI Service"), you ("you" and/or the "Participant") hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
2) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) Registered Users; (b) legal residents of the United States; and (c) at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in their state of residence, at the date of entry in this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, all US territories and possessions, outside the U.S. and where prohibited by law. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective parent companies, affiliated and subsidiary companies, franchisees, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, licensors, copyright owners and production companies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. If you are not a Registered User, you may become a "Registered User" by completing the CBSI Service registration form accessible via the sign up link, registering your e-mail address and obtaining a password. There is no fee or charge to become a Registered User.
3) To Register for the Sweepstakes. If you are a Registered User, login to the CBSI Service with your valid e-mail address and password by going to http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/ultimate_fan/ (the "Big Bang Theory Ultimate Fan Site"). Participants will receive one (1) entry for registering for the game and one (1) entry for every challenge tied to the Sweepstakes completed. All participants who have completed all challenges presented as part of the Sweepstakes by the end of the Promotion Period will receive an additional five (5) bonus entries into the random Grand Prize (as defined below) drawing. There is a limit of ten (10) entries per person for the duration of the Promotion Period. If not a Registered User see Paragraph 2 above.
4) Promotion Period. Sweepstakes begins on 9/26/12 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") and ends at 7:59:59 PM ET on 11/30/12. End date of Promotion Period and broadcast of the Show are subject to Show scheduling changes, preemptions and cancellation. No challenge completions and/or badges for this Sweepstakes will be awarded for activities that take place prior to or after the Promotion Period. To register for the Sweepstakes, go to the Big Bang Theory Ultimate Fan Site anytime during the Promotion Period (with exceptions as noted in these rules), click on the Big Bang Theory icon, and complete the Big Bang Theory Ultimate Fan online registration form. You will be required to participate in various activities around the Big Bang Theory Ultimate Fan Site in order to complete challenges and/or earn badges. Once you have completed filling in the information requested, click where instructed to submit your Sweepstakes registration form. Registrants must complete entire online registration form and successfully submit same in order to be eligible for Prize consideration. If such changes occur they will be posted on the Big Bang Theory Ultimate Fan Site. The use of automated or third party software or website to register or play is prohibited. LIMIT ONE REGISTRATION INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES PER REGISTERED PARTICIPANT. Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, "Releasees") assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate registration information, human error or technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures unauthorized access of any computer/telephone/wireless telephone equipment or software, or any combination thereof. Sweepstakes registrations become the property of the Sponsor. Participants who submit inaccurate registration data and/or exceed the registration limits may be excluded from participation at any time during or after the Sweepstakes. By registering, registrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and consent to Sponsor's and its designees' use of their names &/or photographs for advertising or publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world, in perpetuity, without further consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
5) Completing Challenges. Registered players complete challenges and accrue virtual badges for playing games and participating in various activities around the CBSI Service. Such games, activities and badge accrual are detailed on the Big Bang Theory Ultimate Fan Game FAQ's accessible at http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/ultimate-fan/faqs/.All decisions regarding earning badges and/or challenge completion in the Sweepstakes will be made by an "Official Scorer." Official Scorer shall be a CBSI Service representative whose decisions are final and binding on matters relating to the awarding of badges and/or challenge completion in this Sweepstakes. Categories for which badges and what constitutes challenge completion that will be awarded in the Sweepstakes can be viewed by clicking http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/ultimate-fan/faqs/. Categories and corresponding badge awards and/or what constitutes challenge completion are subject to change at any time at Sponsor's sole discretion.
Challenges may require Participants to upload user generated content ("UGC") (e.g. videos, photos, Etc.), which may be displayed on the CBSI Service, if asked to upload UGC it may take up to seventy-two (72) hours for a UGC upload to appear on the CBSI Service, if it does at all.
UGC upload Requirements:
a. must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole determination of the Sweepstakes Entities; b. must be delivered by uploading your UGC to the CBSI Service formatted and encoded in accordance with the requirements listed on the CBSI Service to include one of the following file types: jpg; .gif or .bmp; or .png, File size for photos must not exceed 2 MB, Video's title is limited to 30 characters, Videos are limited to 1 minute in length; c. must not include any person other than the Participant, unless Participants has written permission from any and all third parties appearing on the photo and/or video (Sweepstakes Entities, at their sole discretion, may accept any permission presented); d. must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace; e. except for the topic provided by the Sweepstakes Entities herein, must not include thoughts, ideas, lyrics, audio-visual works or any creative element other than the criteria set forth herein; and f. must satisfy all eligibility requirements set forth herein; and must be in English and shall not be disparaging, abusive, sexually explicit, sexually suggestive, offensive, illegal, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, indecent, in bad taste, reflect negatively on the Sweepstakes Entities (or any of them), promote or incite violence, terrorism, or illegal acts, or be otherwise objectionable (all as determined by the Sweepstakes Entities in their sole discretion). Additionally, a UGC upload must not: i) infringe any third party's rights, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, right of publicity, right of privacy or trade secret and, must not in any way violate applicable laws and regulations; and ii) contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service or contain or reference any third party names, logos, service marks, trademarks, trade names or trade dress.
The determination of whether a UGC upload violates any of the above prohibitions shall be at the Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion. If a UGC uplaod is deemed by the Sweepstakes Entities to violate any such prohibition(s), the UGC upload shall be disqualified, removed from the CBSI Service, and the Participant shall not be eligible to win the Prize.
By uploading your UGC, you grant the Sweepstakes Entities a perpetual, worldwide, royalty free license to publish and perform publicly the UGC upload on the CBSI Service, the Show and such other media and platforms as the Sweepstakes Entities may determine, with no compensation to you. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to reproduce the UGC upload in full (or to not reproduce any particular UGC upload at all), or edit and enhance the UGC upload at their discretion. Sweepstakes Entities are authorized to use or not use the UGC upload as they see fit, including usage in advertising, publicity and promotion. UGC upload will not be returned to Participant.
Administrator will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced entries. Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to take down any UGC upload from the CBSI Service at any time during or after the Sweepstakes Period and for any reason or for no reason at all in Sweepstakes Entities' sole discretion. As part of the registration process for participation in the Sweepstakes, Participant will be required to click where indicated to signify that Participant has read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these Official Rules and the terms hereunder, including but not limited to the releases of liability and licenses granted herein, including the decisions of the Administrator and/or the Sweepstakes Entities, or any of them, which are final and binding in all respects.
6) Determining Winners. Badge accrual and/or challenge completion totals will be updated on or about every 24 hours. Sponsor reserves the right to change final standings subject to verification of Participants' completion and/or badge accrual totals, eligibility and compliance with this Official Rules. All eligible Participants who complete registration for the Sweepstakes and/or complete one or more challenges will receive an entry for each challenge completed. All participants who have earned all badges and completed every challenge as listed in the FAQs under section "How do I earn entries into the Sweepstakes" by the end of the Promotion Period will receive an additional five (5) bonus entries into the random Grand Prize (as defined below) drawing. There is a limit of ten (10) entries per person for the duration of the Promotion Period. The random Grand Prize drawing will take place on or about 12/2/12. Potential Grand Prize winner shall be contacted within (5) days from the Grand Prize drawing. Potential Grand Prize winner may be required to sign and return to CBSI and/or its agent, an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability within five (5) days of issuance of notification. Failure to complete and return the documents in the time noted will result in the disqualification of the potential winner and an alternate Grand Prize winner will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only two attempts for an alternate will be conducted. If attempts fail, unclaimed Grand Prize will not be awarded.
7) Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning the Grand Prize, will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
8) Grand Prize: This Sweepstakes will award one grand prize (the "Grand Prize") consisting of a check for Five Thousand Dollars (US$5000.00).
9) Prize Restrictions. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Grand Prize that are not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes, are the responsibility of Grand Prize winner. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of the Grand Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should the Grand Prize become unavailable. Grand Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Grand Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
10) Internet. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry and/or participating process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should any part of this Sweepstakes be terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to select the Grand Prize winner from among all eligible, non-suspect registrations received as of the action requiring such termination. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network (wired or wireless) or telephone lines, wireless device, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computation of badge accrual and/or challenges completed, entries earned, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer and/or wireless device relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes or for any other printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the tabulation of badges and/or challenges completed, the announcement of the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner, human or typographical errors or in any Sweepstakes-related materials.
11) Improper Conduct. Sponsor, and/or any other relevant party (e.g. Administrator) in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award Grand Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Sponsor deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Grand Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries, badges and/or challenge completions through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Sponsor and/or Administrator may void any part of the Grand Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Grand Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Grand Prize and/or return of the Grand Prize shall in no way prevent Sponsor from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12) Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, cancellation of show, or any other causes which Sponsor and/or Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor and or Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing of all the eligible participants prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Sponsor and/or Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13) Lost or Corrupted Sweepstakes Registration. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible registration or postage due mail, if applicable; or for any computer, wireless device, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
14) Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
15) Sweepstakes Errors. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Sponsor and/or Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
16) Grand Prize and Grand Prize Winner. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Grand prize winner, the distribution of the Grand prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the Grand prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of the Grand prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
17) Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Grand prize winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
18) Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19) Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE GRAND PRIZE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20) Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of Sweepstakes registration. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
21) Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22) Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Arbitration section of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23) Winners List/Official Rules Requests: To obtain the name of the Big Bang Theory Ultimate Fan Game Prize winner, available after 12/31/12 mail a self addressed stamped envelope ("SASE") to: CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 Attn: Big Bang Theory Ultimate Fan Game Winner List. Requests received after 12/31/12 will not be honored. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules mail a SASE to: CBS Interactive Inc. 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309, Attn: Big Bang Theory Ultimate Fan Game Rules Request. The name of the Grand Prize Winner may, and Official Rules will, be posted on the CBSI Service. Requests for Official Rules received after 11/30/12 will not be honored. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage for Official Rules request.