1. Dallas’ all-time low temperature is -3 °F.
The record was set on January 18, 1930.
2. The world’s first frozen margarita machine was invented in Dallas in 1971 by restaurateur Mariano Martinez.
3. In 2011, Dallas became the only city to have hosted a World Series game, an NBA Finals game and the Super Bowl in the same year.
4. AT&T Stadium is the world’s largest column-free room.
5. German chocolate cake actually has nothing to do with Germany and everything to do with Dallas.
The recipe was actually credited to an American named Sam German, and was popularized after the recipe appeared in a 1957 edition of the Dallas Morning Star.
© Danny Lehman/Corbis