Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI, CBS Broadcasting ("CBS")
1. Acceptance of Official Rules: By entering the "CBS Road to the Red Carpet" (the "Sweepstakes") operated on the CBSI web site accessible at the domain "cbs.com" (the "CBSI Service"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) Registered Users; (b) legal residents of the United States; and (c) at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in state of residence, at the date of entry in this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void in all US Territories and Possessions, outside the U.S and where prohibited by law. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parent companies, affiliated and subsidiary companies, franchisees, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, agents, licensors, copyright owners and production companies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Registered User(s)" means a person who has successfully completed the registration form by registering a valid e-mail and associated password ("Password") on the CBSI Service. There is no fee or charge for becoming a Registered User.
3. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins on August 1, 2013 at 12:00:00 PM PT and ends at 11:59 AM PT on August 30, 2013 (the "Promotion Period").
4. Entering Sweepstakes. To enter the Sweepstakes go to the Sweepstakes page accessible at http://www.cbs.com/shows/emmy-awards/sweepstakes on the CBSI Service during the Promotion Period and follow the instructions to complete the Sweepstakes entry form, including, without limitation, submitting your valid e-mail address and Password, hit the submit button and you will receive an entry into this Sweepstakes. If you are not a Registered User you may become a Registered User by completing the registration form where it says Register Now. Limit one entry per person during the Promotion Period.
5. Grand Prize: The Sweepstakes will award one (1) grand prize (the "Prize") that consists of a two (2) night trip for two to Los Angeles, CA and a Red Carpet event experience. Prize includes ground transportation to and from the airport and the event experience in Los Angeles; two night hotel accommodations (standard double occupancy) and Five Hundred Dollars for spending money; For purposes of these Official Rules, the "Event Experience" means the Prize Winner shall walk the Red Carpet and possibly be interviewed on the Live Red Carpet Show. See section 6, Prize Restrictions. Approximate retail value of the Prize is Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars (US $3,500.00).
6. Prize Restrictions: All other expenses relating to Acceptance of the Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes, meals, beverages and gratuities are the responsibility of Grand Prize winner (the (" Prize Winner") and guest. If Prize Winner resides within a 100 mile radius of Los Angeles, CA, ground transportation may be provided for the Prize Winner and guest in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in prize value.
Certain travel restrictions may apply. Estimated retail value of Prize is Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars (US$3,500.00). Actual value may vary based on place of departure city and dates of travel, no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in prize value. Specifics of travel package are subject to availability and Sponsor's sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of trip will be furnished with prize notification. Travel must be made through Sponsor's agent on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. Prize Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and provide all necessary travel documents required. Guest of Prize Winner must be 18 years of age or older, and must sign and return a publicity release (except where prohibited) and an affidavit of liability release prior to issuance of travel documents. If Event Experience is canceled, rescheduled, or if for any reason, Sponsor is unable to provide the Event Experience, or if Prize Winner cannot take the trip on the dates specified by the Sponsor, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Prize Winner other than to supply the trip portion as described within one (1) year from date of Prize notification, minus the Event Experience and ground transfers. Sweepstakes Entities, and/or any other relevant party, reserves the right to stop, remove or to deny entry to the Prize Winner and/or guest from participating in any portion of the Prize, including without limitation, the Event Experience, who engages in a disruptive manner, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or in any conduct the Sweepstakes Entities deem to be improper or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Event Experience. Prize is nontransferable. All income and other taxes are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of any portion of the Prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize or any of its components with a prize of comparable or greater value should the Prize or any of its components become unavailable or for any other reason needs to be exchanged. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
7. Odds/Drawing/Winner Notification: Prize will be awarded by random drawing. Odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The random Prize drawing will take place on or about September 3, 2013. The Prize drawing will be conducted by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Potential Prize Winner will be notified by email and/or by phone within two (2) days from drawing date. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during 24 hours from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Only one attempt for an alternate will be conducted. If attempt fails, Prize will not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes: All federal, state, local and other tax obligations arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning the Prize, will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release: Prize Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within three (3) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification or the Prize is returned as non- deliverable, or if the Prize Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
10. Travel Companion Liability and Publicity Release. Prize Winner's travel companion must complete, execute and return a Travel Companion Liability Release, a Travel Companion Publicity Release (collectively, the "Travel Companion Release Forms") prior to issuance of travel documents. Failure to return Travel Companion Release Forms timely may prevent travel companion of a Prize winner from participating in the trip.
11. Publicity Release Terms: Except where prohibited by law, a Prize Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities its licensors, copyright owners and production companies to use Prize Winners' name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
12. Improper Conduct: Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes and/or a Prize or refuse to award the Prize or any part of the Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Administrator may void any part of the Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of the Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Integrity of Sweepstakes: If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Prize Winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
14. Lost or Corrupted Entries: The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies licensors, copyright owners, production companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
15. Damaged Property: Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
16. Sweepstakes Errors: The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, licensors, copyright owners and production companies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
17. Prize and Prize Winner: The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, licensors, copyright owners and production companies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Prize Winner, the distribution of the Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of the Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
18. Release and Indemnity: Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Prize Winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
19. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, LICENSORS - INCLUDING THE ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ART & SCIENCES - COPYRIGHT OWNERS, PRODUCTION COMPANIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
20. Disclaimer of Warranties: THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON- INFRINGEMENT.
21. Identity Disputes: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
22. Binding Arbitration: The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
23. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 22 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the federal and/or state courts of the State of New York, New York County.
24. Winner List/Official Rules: For the name of the Prize Winner send a self addressed stamped envelope for receipt by September 30, 2013 to "Winner's list "CBS Road to the Red Carpet Sweepstakes" c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For a copy of the Official Rules send a self addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked Official Rules "CBS Road to the Red Carpet Sweepstakes" for receipt by August 30, 2013; residents from VT may omit postage on the self addressed envelope. The full name of the Prize Winner may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on the CBSI Service.