Sponsor: CBS Broadcasting ("CBS") and CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 235 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94105.
VOTING OPEN TO VIEWERS LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 STATES OF THE UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS OF THE U.S.), WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR HAVE ACQUIRE PERMISSION FROM PARENTS OR GUARDIAN.
2. Voting Period: The "Top TV Moments of the Year Voting Program" (the "Program"), will take place online through the CBS Service, beginning on Monday, August 26, 2013 at 12:00 PM Pacific Time and ends on Monday, September 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM Pacific ( the "Voting Period"). Sponsor may at its sole and exclusive discretion shift the Voting Period and/or change any terms of the Program and post notice of such shift or change online at the CBS Service. The Top TV Moment of the Year chosen as a result of the Program may be announced during the broadcast of the 65TH Emmy® Awards show (the "Emmy Awards"). Broadcast of the Emmy Awards is subject to preemption and schedule changes; please check your local television listings for Emmy Awards broadcast dates/times in your area.
3. Program Description: During the Voting Period, viewers will be asked to vote for their favorite TV moment nominee that they believe should win the Top TV Moments of the Year Award. The public at large will decide through their votes, the winner of the 2013 Top TV Moments of the Year award. The winning moment may be announced live during the broadcast of the Emmy Awards on or about September 22, 2013.
4. How to Participate in the Program: To participate in the Program go to the CBSI Service and access the Program page url at cbs.com/shows/emmy- awards/vote during the Voting Period. Once on the Program page follow the instructions to complete the voting form and vote.
5. Disclaimers: CBS, CBSI, the ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS & SCIENCES and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, employees, licensees, assigns and persons (collectively, the "Administrators") are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of lost, incomplete, late, damaged, misdirected or incomplete online communications; difficulties, failures or malfunctions of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines or telephone systems or other communications malfunctions; cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless services; interrupted or unavailable networks or servers; miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or other technical failures; garbled, lost, misrouted or scrambled transmissions; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion or for any technical problem which may cause the voting to be disrupted or corrupted; errors in receipt or tabulation of votes, or online voting. Administrators are not responsible for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Program. If for any reason the Program is not capable of being executed as planned, or if there is an infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, or if any other causes beyond the control of Administrators corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Program, the Administrators reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to withdraw the transmission of any vote. Furthermore, the Administrators may permanently disqualify from the Program the vote of any person they believe has intentionally violated these rules, and to terminate or suspend voting at any point and declare the vote results based on the votes up to that point, if it appears that the voting process has been so distorted by hacking or other interference that the results would not reflect actual valid votes should the voting continue. In the event of technical difficulties with the online voting, Administrators reserve the right to review the votes for accuracy and to take any appropriate action, including, without limitation, voiding the votes cast during the Voting Period in which such technical difficulties occurred. Administrators and their respective agents, officers, directors, employees, subsidiaries and affiliates assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Program. Administrators are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of voting information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials, for any human or electronic error, or for votes that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, or late. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Notification regarding any such change will be posted on the CBSI Service.
Caution: Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any online service or website, tamper with the voting process, or otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the Program is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Administrators reserve the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. Conditions for Voting: Administrators reserve the right to disqualify, block or remove any votes from any individual who votes by any electronic, mechanical or automated means, or otherwise tampers with the Program, or for any other reason, as determined by Administrators in their sole discretion. Administrators are not responsible for any damages to voters' device(s) that may occur from use of service. Administrators reserve the right, for any reason and in their sole discretion, to modify, suspend or discontinue the Program without prior notice.