New addition to The Playbook, y'all! This is a play for when you need to win a girl back. I chose totally random names to illustrate the steps in this play but it will work on any chick… provided you love her more than anything else in the world but need to prove to her that you've changed and are totally committed to being with her for the rest of your life.
chicks you've dated on-and-off that don't yet believe you're in it for the long haul this time
surveillance equipment, annoying friend, mistletoe
a couple months
destroying The Playbook (of course you can always purchase a new one, wherever awesome books are sold)
1. Admit to yourself that you still have feelings for this girl.
2. Choose the completely wrong moment to make a drunken move after hanging out at a strip club… and get shot down on purpose.
3. Agree that you two don't work, locking the door on any future you could have together, which will drive Robin nuts.
4. Robin goes nuts.
5. Find the person who annoys Robin most in the world and ask for her help. Explain everything to Patrice and hope she agrees to help.
6. Check with your doctor about possible broken ribs.
7. Pretend to be dating Patrice.
8. Wait until Robin inevitably breaks into your place to find The Playbook and show it to Patrice, which you'll monitor via the hidden cameras you have in your apartment.
9. After Patrice "finds" The Playbook, have your first "big fight."
10. Prove your loyalty to Patrice by burning The Playbook, and actually burn it. You don't need it anymore.
11. Because your friends have no boundaries, they'll inevitably have an intervention for Robin, which you'll monitor via the hidden cameras you have in Marshall and Lily's apartment.
12. Tell only Ted about your plan to propose to Patrice.
13. Wait and see if Ted tells Robin. And if he does, it means your best bro in the world has let go of Robin and has given you his blessing.
14. Robin arrives at her favorite spot in the city and finds the secret final page of The Playbook… the last play you'll ever run.
15. Robin realizes she's standing underneath mistletoe.
16. Hope she says yes.