Instructions to change your password should arrive in your inbox in a few moments.
NO PURCHASE OR USE OF WIRELESS SERVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. A PURCHASE OR USE OF WIRELESS SERVICE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT FOR RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO & ALL US TERRITORIES) AT LEAST 18 OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE, ON DATE OF ENTRY. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. ("CBS"), Sprint Communications Company, LP, 6200 Sprint Parkway, Overland Park, KS 66251.
Message and data rates may apply to each text message sent to or received and/or data service used by a service subscriber of any participating wireless carrier. Fees will appear on your mobile/wireless bill or be deducted from your pre-paid balance in accordance with your carrier's Terms and Conditions applicable to your particular voice/data rate plan. Contact your wireless carrier for your plan details.
1. Acceptance of Official Rules. By entering any of the "Sprint Player of the Week Sweepstakes" entry period(s) (individually, an "Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period(s)" collectively, the "Sweepstakes") by text message, Sprint Survivor application, the CBSI WAP site accessible at the domain m.cbs.com/survivor (the "CBS Wap Site") and/or the CBSI web site accessible at the domain www.cbs.com/sprint (the "CBS.com Service"), you hereby accept and agree to the official rules (the "Official Rules") of these Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with any of these Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final on matters relating to the operation of these Sweepstakes. These Sweepstakes are done in connection with the Survivor: Caramoan television show (the "Survivor Show").
2. Eligibility. These Sweepstakes are offered and open to persons who are legal residents of the United States (except Puerto Rico & U.S. Territories & Possessions) at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in state of residence, at the date of entry in these Sweepstakes. For participation online and through the Sprint Survivor applications, an eligible person must first become a Registered User. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Registered User(s)" means a person who has successfully completed the registration form and has successfully registered their valid email address and associated Password ("Password") on cbs.com. Employees, officers, directors (including immediate family members and members of the same household) of the Sweepstakes Entities, their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, legal and financial advisors and any and all other companies associated with these Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. These Sweepstakes are void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and Possessions and where prohibited by law. If you are not a Registered User, you may become a Registered User by completing the CBSI Service registration form accessible via the sign up link and enter your valid e-mail address and obtaining a Password. There is no fee or charge to become a Registered User. You do not need to become a Registered User of the CBS.com Service to enter any of the Sweepstakes via the text message method of entry.
3. Sweepstakes Entry Periods. Each Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period is its own individual Sweepstakes. Start and/or End date of each Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period is subject to scheduling changes and/or preemption of the Survivor Show and/or any segment of the Survivor Show. Sponsor may at its discretion shift any Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period and post notice of shift online at the CBS.com Service. The Survivor Show broadcasts are subject to preemption, broadcast delays and schedule changes. In some cases, such as a delayed broadcast of a Survivor Show episode the Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period may be shorter than indicated or may start and/or end later than indicated. Please check local television listings for the Survivor Show broadcast dates/times in your area.
Individual Sweepstakes Entry Periods & Drawing Periods are as follows:
|Entry Begins||Entry Ends||Drawing Date|
|3/27/13 at 5:00:00 pm PT||3/27/13 at 11:59:59 pm PT||3/28/13|
|4/3/13 at 5:00:00 pm PT||4/3/13 at 11:59:59 pm PT||4/4/13|
|4/10/13 at 5:00:00 pm PT||4/10/13 at 11:59:59 pm PT||4/11/13|
|4/17/13 at 5:00:00 pm PT||4/17/13 at 11:59:59 pm PT||4/18/13|
|4/24/13 at 5:00:00 pm PT||4/24/13 at 11:59:59 pm PT||4/25/13|
|5/1/13 at 5:00:00 pm PT||5/1/13 at 11:59:59 pm PT||5/2/13|
|5/8/13 at 5:00:00 pm PT||5/12/13 at 11:59:59 am PT||5/13/13|
4. Sweepstakes Description. During each first-run CBS broadcast episode of the Survivor Show, viewers will be invited to participate in the Sweepstakes by responding to the Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period, Sprint "Player of the Week" question. Viewers that decide to participate in the Sweepstakes ("Participants") may submit their answer via any of the following methods: text message from their text messaging capable cell phone, the Survivor mobile device applications and/or CBS Wap Site, or online through the CBS.com Service. Question format may vary and is determined solely at the discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to further modify entry format and will post notice as a postscript to these rules should this step be taken. A Participant will receive one (1) entry into the prize drawing for each answer submitted for the corresponding Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period prize drawing. There is a maximum of ten (10) answers/entries per person per Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period, regardless of method of entry. All eligible entries will be placed into a random drawing to select one grand prize winner per Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period.
5. How to Enter. There are three (3) methods of entry:
A) Enter for Free Online: To enter the Sweepstakes without using text messaging go to the CBS.com Service during any of the Individual Sweepstakes Entry Periods and follow the instructions to complete the Sweepstakes entry form, including, without limitation, submitting your valid email address and Password, provide your answer for that week's question and hit submit. If you are not a Registered User see rule #2 for instructions on how to become a Registered User. There is no fee or charge to become a Registered User.
B) Enter via Cell Phone Text Messaging: if you are a wireless service subscriber and have a text messaging capable device, you may enter the Sweepstakes during each Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period by sending a text message to the short code 55455 that appears on the on-air broadcast of Survivor Caramoan with your answer for that week's question. You will receive a "thank you" text message. Message and data rates may apply for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and Participants should contact their wireless carrier for information on messaging and data rate plans and charges relating to your participation in each Sweepstakes. To opt-out of the promotion at any time send STOP, QUIT, CANCEL, END or UNSUBSCRIBE to 55455. For help, send HELP to 55455, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Participating carriers include AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, U.S. Cellular and Boost. A text message form of entry into the Sweepstakes will be deemed made by the named account holder whose mobile phone number is assigned, at the time of entry, to the text messaging device so used. Mobile service may not be available everywhere in the US.
C) Enter via the Survivor mobile device application or CBS Wap Site for mobile devices: Registered Users of the CBS.com Service can access, register and play via their mobile device. You may enter the Sweepstakes during each Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period by providing your answer to that week's question through the Survivor Application (that has been downloaded to your mobile device) or the CBS WAP Site. You will be charged standard data rates according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and Participants should contact their wireless carrier for information on messaging and data rate plans and charges relating to your participation in each Sweepstakes. A Wireless device form of entry into the Sweepstakes will be deemed made by the named account holder whose wireless device phone number is assigned, at the time of entry, to the mobile device so used. Mobile service may not be available everywhere in the US.
For every answer submitted during an Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period via mobile device or online, Participants will receive one (1) entry into the corresponding Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period random drawing. There is a maximum limit of ten (10) answers/entries per person per Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period, regardless of method of entry. Any attempt by any person to enter in excess of the disclosed entry limit will void entries in excess of maximums disclosed. Entries received do not 'roll-over' into any subsequent Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period.
6. Prizes. One grand prize ("Grand Prize(s)") winner will be awarded an Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period Grand Prize. There will be a total of seven (7) Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period Grand Prizes awarded. Each Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period Grand Prize consists of Ten Thousand Dollars (US $10,000.00).
Total value of the Sweepstakes Grand Prizes is Seventy Thousand Dollars (US$70,000.00).
7. Prize Drawings/Winner Notification/Odds. One (1) potential Grand Prize winner ("Potential Winner") will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received for each respective Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period. Drawing will take place following each Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period. Sponsor will be responsible for all Sweepstakes drawings, winner clearance and prize fulfillment, whose decisions are final and binding. A representative of Sponsor will attempt to contact the Potential Winner personally via the cell phone number or daytime phone number (provided on online entry form) within one to two days of drawing. If unable to reach any Potential Winner after one call attempt Sponsor retains sole discretion to disqualify the Participant and will attempt to contact an alternate Participant until such time that direct contact is made with a Participant. Each Potential Winner is subject to verification of eligibility and rules compliance. Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period.
8. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Potential Winners will be required to sign and properly execute the following documents and return them via facsimile or email to Sponsor within 48 hours of receipt in order to become an official Grand Prize winner ("Grand Prize Winner"): (1) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Waiver; and (2) where lawful, a consent to publicity. If any documents sent to a Potential Winner by any means are returned as undeliverable or if a Potential Winner fails to properly execute and return all documents described herein in the time noted, or if Potential Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, Grand Prize will be forfeited even though the Potential Winner's name may have been shown/announced on air, and an alternate Potential Winner will be selected and contacted in accordance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited by law Sweepstakes Entities may announce the name of each Potential Winner and/or Grand Prize Winner on a broadcast of the Survivor Show and/or online.
9. Certain Prize Restrictions. No assignment, transfer or substitution of a Grand Prize is permitted. Grand Prizes are solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of each Sweepstakes Grand Prize Winner. All Grand Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
10. Prize Taxes. All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from the Grand Prize is the sole responsibility of each Grand Prize Winner.
11. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, Grand Prize Winner's acceptance of a Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use a Grand Prize Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
12. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any Participant from participating in any or all portions of any of these Sweepstakes, and refuse to award any Grand Prize, if Participant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of any of these Sweepstakes or detrimental to other Participants of any of these Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities, and/or any other relevant party, reserve the right to remove or disqualify the Participant who engages in non- sportsmanlike or disruptive behavior, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any Sweepstakes Entity. Such improper conduct, includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during Participant's registration or a prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use Participant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with any of these Sweepstakes. Participants agree that Administrator may void any part of a Grand Prize that Participant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Grand Prize that Participant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Grand Prize and/or return of a Grand Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY OF THESE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, any one of these Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, network overload (Internet/phone/wireless device) cancellation of show(s), scheduling changes or any other causes which Administrator, in the sole opinion of Administrator, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of any of these Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any of these Sweepstakes and select a Potential Winner for the affected Individual Sweepstakes Entry Period from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate. Additionally, the Sweepstakes may be modified or terminated due to TV programs, if applicable to the Sweepstakes, being cancelled, put on hiatus or due to scheduling changes.
14. Lost, Delayed or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, mobile messaging and/or wireless vendors (e.g. Telescope), assume no liability and are not responsible for, and Participant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected or delayed entries; or for any computer, telephone, wireless phone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and mobile messaging vendors (e.g. Telescope), are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by end users of the CBS.com Service, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in any of these Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any these Sweepstakes.
15. Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies and mobile messaging vendors (e.g. Telescope), assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to Participant's or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in any of these Sweepstakes or downloading materials from any of these Sweepstakes.
16. Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, mobile messaging and/or wireless vendors (e.g. Telescope), assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in any of these Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of any of these Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of any of the Sweepstakes.
17. Prize Winners and Prizes. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, mobile messaging and/or wireless vendors (e.g. Telescope), assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Grand Prize Winner, or the distribution of a Grand Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part any Grand Prize and/or any injury or damage to Participant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Grand Prize or any part of any of these Sweepstakes.
18. Release and Indemnity. Each Participant in each Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Grand Prize Winners, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies mobile messaging and/or wireless vendors (e.g. Telescope) and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Grand Prize, participation in any of these Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to any of the Sweepstakes.
19. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, MOBILE MESSAGING OR WIRELESS VENDORS (e.g. TELESCOPE) OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY OF THESE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY OF THESE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
20. Disclaimer of Warranties. THESE SWEEPSTAKES AND GRAND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON- INFRINGEMENT.
21. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on an e-mail address or wireless phone number, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address and/or wireless phone number submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address and/or wireless phone number by an Internet access provider, online service provider, wireless phone service carrier (or as shown on the carrier's billing records) or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address or the /wireless phone number associated with the wireless phone service provider.
22. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or any of these Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or any of these Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
23. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Sweepstakes is governed by United States law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participant and Administrator in connection with any of these Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 22 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
24. Winners List/Official Rules. For the names of the Grand Prize Winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by May 31, 2013 to Sprint Player of the Week Winners-c/o CBS Interactive Inc. 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For Official Rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules: Sprint Player of the Week for receipt by May 13, 2013. Residents from VT may omit postage on the self-address envelope. The Official Rules will and the names of Winners may be posted on the CBS.com Service.