In celebration of The Bold and the Beautiful's 30th anniversary, we're launching the "I am Bold and Beautiful" Sweepstakes, which will give fans a chance to win one of 10 very special B&B-branded prize packs!
How do you enter, you ask? Just log in to either your Facebook or Twitter account, visit the official B&B social media pages—like @TheBoldandtheBeautiful and follow @BandB_CBS, respectively—and respond to the Sweepstakes question, "I am Bold and Beautiful because...?" using the hashtag #IAmBoldAndBeautiful... and that's it!
See the official rules below for a full breakdown of how to enter...
NO PURCHASE OR WIRELESS DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF ONE OF THE UNITED STATES AND 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL US TERRITORIES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI, CBS Broadcasting Inc. ("CBS"), 51 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY TWITTER OR FACEBOOK. Data rates may apply when participating, see section below for details.
1. Acceptance of Rules. By entering the "I am Bold and Beautiful" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes"), which is tied to the CBS TV show "The Bold and the Beautiful (the "Show") and operated on: (i) the CBS Show page in the social website Twitter, accessible at the domain "twitter.com/bandb_cbs" (the "Twitter Service"); and/or (ii) the CBS Show page operated in the social website Facebook, accessible at the domain https://www.facebook.com/TheBoldandtheBeautiful/ (the "Facebook Service"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
No purchase, entry fee or use of wireless device is necessary to enter or win. If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smartphone, tablet and/or other wireless device that allows you to access the Internet, you may enter the Sweepstakes via any of those devices during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below). If you decide to participate via any such wireless device, you may be charged message and data rates in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and users should contact their wireless carrier for information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Access to the Sweepstakes via a smartphone, tablet and/or wireless device may not be available in all areas at all times, and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by your wireless carrier.
2. Eligibility. This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) Registered Users (as defined below); (b) legal residents of the United States; and (c) 13 years of age or older on the date of entry into this Sweepstakes. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Registered User(s)" means a person who has successfully completed the registration form and has obtained a user identification, an associated password on the social website Facebook and/or Twitter, and is a follower of the Facebook Service and/or Twitter Service. There is no fee associated with becoming a Twitter Service and/or Facebook Service follower. Employees, directors, immediate family members of the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, and affiliated and subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing, "immediate family" is defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
3. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins on March 6, 2017 at 11:00:00 a.m. PT and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on April 4, 2017 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
4. Entering the Sweepstakes. There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes:
a) Via the Facebook Service: To enter via the Facebook Service, if not already, become a Registered User (as specified above), reply to our Sweepstakes question, "I am bold and beautiful because…" by "commenting" on the Sweepstakes post with the hashtag #IAmBoldAndBeautiful during the Sweepstakes Period, and you will receive an entry into the Sweepstakes.
b) Via the Twitter Service. To enter the via the Twitter Service, if not already, become a Registered User (as specified above), become a follower of @BandB_CBS and respond to the Sweepstakes question "I am Bold and Beautiful because…?" via a tweet with the hashtag "#IAmBoldAndBeautiful" during the Sweepstakes Period and you will receive an entry into the Sweepstakes.
Participants may only receive one (1) entry per post per platform during the Sweepstakes Period. Users who exceed the limit may be disqualified at sponsor's sole discretion.
Broadcasts of the Show are subject to cancellation, preemptions and scheduling changes. If such changes occur and they affect the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, the need to cancel the Sweepstakes, such changes will be posted on the Show's page at the CBS website found at http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_bold_and_the_beautiful/, and the Facebook and/or Twitter page.
5. Prizes: The Sweepstakes will award up to ten (10) prizes (the "Prize(s)"). Each Prize consists of one (1) The Bold and the Beautiful branded prize pack. Each Prize has an approximate retail value ("ARV") of One Hundred Dollars (US$100.00). The total maximum ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is One Thousand Dollars (US $1,000.00). Limit of one (1) Prize per household.
6. Prize Restrictions: No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute a Prize with a Prize of comparable or greater value should a Prize or its components become unavailable. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities. Certain restrictions may apply.
7. Odds/Drawings/Winner Notification. Prizes will be awarded by random drawing. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random Prize drawings will take place on or around April 5, 2017. The Prize drawings will be conducted by Administrator whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. The potential Prize winners (the "Winners") will be notified by Administrator, via a message to their Twitter Service account or their Facebook account (where applicable). The potential Winner(s) will be asked to provide their personal information, such as their name, physical address, date of birth and phone number in order to confirm eligibility with these Official Rules. If a potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Administrator will select one (1) alternate Winner per Prize. If no contact has been made with the alternate after a reasonable effort has been made, the Prize shall not be awarded. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. The Winner(s) may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms"), as well as a W-9 tax form within three (3) business days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms in a timely manner, or if a Prize notification or Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, Twitter Service entry, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
11. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award a Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Winner(s) agree that Administrator may void any part of the Prize that a Winner may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that a Winner may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Winner(s) further acknowledge(s) that any forfeiture of the Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse, such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of; the Show being cancelled; infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, cancellation of show or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
14. Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
15. Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotion of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error (s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
16. Prizes and Winners. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with the selection and announcement of a Winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
17. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Winner(s), hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death and property arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address or wireless phone number, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address and/or phone number submitted at time of registration into Twitter, Facebook and/or entry into the Sweepstakes. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
21. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws and rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration, as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23. Winner's List/Official Rules. For the name of the Winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by April 30, 2017 to "Winner's list, I am Bold and Beautiful Sweepstakes" c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules: I am Bold and Beautiful Sweepstakes s" for receipt by April 30, 2017. Residents of VT may omit postage from self-addressed envelope. The full name of the Winner(s) may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on cbs.com at: http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_bold_and_the_beautiful/news/1006747/enter-to-win-the-i-am-bold-and-beautiful-sweepstakes/
Watch The Bold and the Beautiful weekdays on CBS and CBS All Access.
Photo Credit: JPI Studios, Inc. Photo by John Paschal