Mark Tarbell's Tar's Tavern Lobster Roll with Fried Bologna
4 brioche or Challah hot dog buns
2 T Dijon mustard
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 dash Chahula or Gunslinger hot sauce
Approximately 16 oz. neutral flavored Soy/Canola oil
9 ounces butter poached lobster meat, knuckles and claws only
3 slices of Bologna
1/4 lb. Unsalted butter and 3 T olive oil
1/4 cup the tiny white/yellow inner leaves of celery (garnish)
1. Combine egg, mustard, lemon juice and hot sauce in a large bowl and blend completely using the stick blender.
2. Transfer to a regular blender. With blender running on low, very slowly drizzle oil in until the aioli is thick with a creamy mayonnaise-like consistency.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Butter the buns and toast in a skillet until lightly golden.
5. Mix just enough aioli with the lobster to moisten.
6. Mound generously in the buns
7. Heat 1 T butter and 1 T olive oil in skillet and pan fry bologna until crisp. Remove from heat and cut in julienne.
8. Sprinkle lobster with fried bologna and inner leaves of celery.