Instructions to change your password should arrive in your inbox in a few moments.
Award-winning Chef Paul Bartolotta from Bartolotta Ristorante di Mare at Wynn Las Vegas was here to show our ladies how to prepare a fun, fast and fabulous dinner for friends. These recipes are sure to impress and won’t break the bank.
SPAGHETTI ALLE VONGOLE
Spaghetti with Clams
9 oz Spaghetti
3 T. Extra virgin olive oil
2 each Garlic cloves
48 Manilla clams
pinch Crushed red pepper
1 cup White wine
1 cup Clam stock (optional)
2 T. Parsley (Coarsely Chopped)
2 T. Olive oil
to taste Sea Salt
• Wash clams carefully.
• Bring large pot of salted water to the boil.
• Add spaghetti and cook until “al dente” approximately 8 minutes.
• In a large saute pan saute garlic with olive oil until translucent not caramelized.
• Add clams and saute, lightly coating them with oil.
• Add crushed red pepper.
• Add white wine and cook until alcohol has evaporated.
• Add clam stock (optional) and reduce by half allowing clams to steam open.
• Add cooked pasta, toss gently, add parsley and drizzle with olive oil.
• Serve immediately adjusting salt to taste.
INSALATA CON CARCIOFI
Ingredients par Insalata
1 can (7oz) Whole Artichokes cooked
1 ½ cup Porcini Mushrooms or field Mushrooms
3 cups Arugula
2 oz Pecorino Cheese
½ tsp Garlic (minced)
1 T. Basil (minced)
1 T. Mint (minced)
3 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 T. Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
Ingredients par Vinaigrette
1 T. Sherry Vinegar
1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper
• Prepare vinaigrette; mix together sherry vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper
• Slice artichoke hearts into medium-thick pieces
• Slice mushrooms the same size as artichokes
• Sauté the artichokes and mushrooms with butter, garlic, basil, mint, salt and pepper
• Add vinaigrette dressing to pan
• Put arugula in a mixing bowl
• Add 1 oz Pecorino cheese
• Take the artichokes and mushrooms out of the pan and mix with arugula salad
• Serve on a platter and top with the remainder of sliced Pecorino cheese.
Chocolate Almond Cake
1 stick and 2T Butter (softened)
1/3 cup Sugar
3 each Egg Yolk
1 ½ cup Almond Flour
1/3 cup Grated Dark Chocolate
1 T. Cocoa Powder
3 each Egg White
1/3 cup Sugar
• cream butter with first amount of sugar
• add egg yolks one by one mixing well after each addition
• add almond flour and mix until just combined
• combine chocolate with cocoa powder and add to mixture
• separately; whisk the egg whites until light and fluffy
• add the second amount of sugar to the egg whites, continue mixing until sugar is dissolved and egg whites hold their shape (medium meringue)
• fold meringue into batter, stirring until homogenous
• spread into 8 inch round pan, well coated with pan spray
• bake at 350F for 35 minutes