COOKING WITH SANDRA LEE
Sandra Lee welcomed the ladies of "The Talk" with a holiday feast with simple ingredients and delicious results. Take a peek below at the recipes featured on the show!
Cranberry-Dijon Baked Ham
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee Magazine (December 2012)
servings 8 to 10 prep time 15 minutes baking time 2 hours stand time 15 minutes
1 (8- to 10- pound) bone-in smoked ham, Smithfield®
whole cloves, McCormick®
1 (8-ounce) can cranberry sauce, Ocean Spray®
⅓ cup Dijon mustard, Grey Poupon®
¼ cup maple syrup
Garnishes: 2 (5-ounce) containers baby romaine blend, 1 (1-ounce) package fresh rosemary, 1 (1-ounce) package fresh thyme, and fresh cranberries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Using a sharp knife, remove skin and excess fat from ham. Score fat on ham in a diamond pattern; insert whole clove into center of each diamond shape. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil. Place ham in pan, scored side up.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cranberry sauce, mustard , and syrup. Pour over ham. Bake for 30 minutes, basting once. Cover with heavy-duty aluminum foil; bake for 1 1/2 hours more, basting occasionally. Let stand 30minutes before carving. Garnish with romaine blend, rosemary, thyme, and cranberries if desired.
Sweet Potato Soufflé
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Cooking 2
servings 8 prep time 20 minutes baking time 30 minutes
1 stick butter
1 cup light brown sugar, C&H®
1/2 cup chopped pecans
4 cans (15 ounces each) large sweet potatoes, drained, Princella®
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, McCormick®
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, McCormick®
1 jar (13-ounce) marshmallow topping
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and pecans. Simmer for 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place sweet potatoes in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher (leaving some chunked pieces). Pour sugar mixture over sweet potatoes. Add cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir until thoroughly combined. Transfer to a metal pie pan. Top with marshmallow topping.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. To brown the top, raise oven temperature to 400 degrees F and bake for 10 minutes more. Do not overbrown.
Gingerbread Coffee Cake Cocktail
Original Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee
Makes: 1 cocktail
1 oz. of Coffee
1 oz. of Baileys Hazelnut
.5 oz. of Captain Black Spiced rum
.5 oz. of Smirnoff Iced Cake Vodka
In a cocktail shaker, combine coffee, liqueur, rum and vodka. Add ice; cover and shake until very cold. Pour into chilled martini glass.