Instructions to change your password should arrive in your inbox in a few moments.
TV chefs Pat and Gina Neely share the perfect recipes to help you spice things up in the kitchen and the bedroom! Below get The Neely's recipes for Sexy Seafood Pasta, Roasted Tomato & Asparagus Salad, Chocolate Tarlets and Love Potion #9 Cocktail.
SEXY SEAFOOD PASTA
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 (28 ounce) can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
1 pound package of linguine
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 pound black mussels, scrubbed and cleaned
1/4 cup basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Slip the pasta into the boiling salted water. Cook until al dente.
2. Pour the oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, toss in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, while stirring, until the garlic is golden and fragrant, just about one minute. Pour in the wine and the tomatoes; bring the skillet to a simmer and allow the sauce to cook for 10 minutes, stirring on occasion.
3. Stir the shrimp and mussels into the simmering sauce and cover and cook for 3 minutes, or until the mussels open and the shrimp turns bright pink. (Remove any mussels that have not fully opened.) Toss all together and serve hot!
ROASTED TOMATO AND ASPARAGUS SALAD
4 plum tomatoes, cut in half and seeded
1/2 cup olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 small bunch asparagus (about 1 pound), ends trimmed
5 ounces baby Arugula
Juice of 1 lemon
3 ounces shaved Parmesan, thinly sliced with a vegetable peeler
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Arrange the racks to the middle of the oven.
2. Lay the tomatoes out in a single layer in a shallow 2-quart casserole dish. Toss the tomatoes with half of the olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper, and then rearrange the tomatoes to make sure they are cut side up. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the tomatoes are extremely tender.
3. During the last 15 minutes of cooking, arrange the asparagus in a single layer to a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 10 to 12 minutes, until the asparagus is crisp and tender.
4. Remove the asparagus and tomatoes from the oven and gently toss (while they are still warm) with the arugula and lemon juice in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Plate each serving and top with shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately.
NOTE: The cooking time for the asparagus will vary depending on their thickness, so keep an eye on them. You don't need to add any more oil to the salad, since the vegetables were roasted in oil and will coat everything just right.
Makes 5 tartlets
Nonstick cooking spray
1 (18-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough (recommended: Nestle Toll House)
5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon hazelnut liqueur
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, at room temperature, beaten
Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat 5 (4 1/2 -inch) tartlet pans with remove-able bottoms with nonstick spray.
3. Divide the cookie dough into 5 equal-sized balls. Press each ball into a tartlet pan, making sure they evenly cover the sides and bottoms. Put the pans on a cookie sheet in the oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crusts are golden brown. Remove the pans from the oven and let cool completely.
4. Turn the oven down to 325 degrees.
5. Put the chopped chocolate into a medium heat-proof bowl. Heat the heavy cream and hazelnut liqueur in a small saucepan over low heat and bring up to a light simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Add the corn syrup, sugar, and salt, and whisk in the beaten egg until all the ingredients are combined. Ladle the filling into the cooled tart shells and bake until the filling is set and the surface is glossy, about 15 to 18 minutes. Remove the tartlets from the oven and let cool.
6. Once cooled, remove the tartlets from pans and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
LOVE POTION #9 COCKTAIL
Makes one cocktail
2 ounces citron vodka
3/4 ounce Cointreau
2 ounces pomegranate juice
1 ounce fresh lime juice
Pomegranate seeds, for garnish
1. Add all ingredients (except the pomegranate seeds) to an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously and then strain into chilled martini glasses. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.