Health: Dr. Oz's Diet & Healthy Eating Tips!
Dr. Mehmet Oz joins the ladies in studio today and co-host Sheryl Underwood was brave enough to get on the scale in front of him to calculate her body mass index (BMI). To find out your BMI, click here.
Body Mass Index Categories:
Dr. Oz shared some of his favorite healthy snacks with our hosts:
- Below 18.5 = Underweight
- 18.5 - 24.9 = Normal
- 25 - 29.9 = Overweight
- 30 - 39.9 = Obese
- Above 40 = Extreme Obesity
- Walnuts are a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Radishes promote good oral hygiene.
- Dr. Oz eats blueberries every day for their powerful supply of antioxidents.
- Chia seeds-a harvested, unprocessed, nutty-tasting,
nutrient-dense whole grain with omega-3 fatty acids-has among the
highest antioxidant activity of any whole food. Dr. Oz recommends two
daily doses of about 20 grams of seeds each. While you can eat chia
seeds raw, Dr. Oz likes to sprinkle some on non-fat Greek yogurt or
For more information about "The Dr. Oz Show" and his "Transformation Nation" go to his website.