NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. SWEEPSTAKES OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCEPT FOR RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO & ALL US TERRITORIES) AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE, AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO THE SWEEPSTAKES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Sponsor & Administrator: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309. Prize Providers: Bookit (www.bookit.com), 14251 Panama City PKWY, Panama City Beach, FL 32413, HYATT Regency Century Plaza., 2025 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, CA 90067, Music Express, 2601 W Empire Ave, Burbank, CA 91504 and CBSI. Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI; CBS Broadcasting, Inc ("CBS"), Bookit and HYATT Regency Century Plaza
1. Acceptance of Official Rules. By entering the "Y&R 40th Anniversary Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") on the CBSI web site accessible at the domain www.cbs.com/yr40th (the "CBSI Service"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with the Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final on matters relating to the operation of the Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Description. Viewers will be invited to participate in the Sweepstakes by responding to the CBS Young and the Restless trivia game question(s) presented on the CBSI Service during the applicable Entry Period of the Sweepstakes. Viewers that decide to participate in the Sweepstakes ("Participants") may play the games and submit their answers to the game questions online through the CBSI Service. Question formats may vary by Entry Period and will be determined solely at the discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to further modify entry format and will post notice as a postscript to these rules should this step be taken. A Participant will receive one (1) entry per game completed during the Promotion Period. All eligible entries received during the Promotion Period (as defined below) will be entered into the final Grand Prize drawing.
3. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are legal residents of the United States (except Puerto Rico & U.S. Territories & Possessions), who are at least eighteen 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in state of residence, at the date of entry in the Sweepstakes. To enter, an eligible person must first become a Registered User of the CBSI Service. Employees, officers and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, all US Territories and Possessions, outside of the U.S. and where prohibited by law. "Registered User" means a person who completes the CBSI Service registration form by clicking the 'Sign Up' link and entering a valid e-mail address and password. There is no fee or charge to become a Registered User.
4. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins on February 12, 2013 at 12:00:00 pm Eastern Time ("ET") and will end on March 10, 2013 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the "Promotion Period").
5. How to Enter. To enter the Sweepstakes go to the CBSI Service during the Promotion Period and follow the instructions to complete the Sweepstakes entry form, including, without limitation, submitting your email address and password, provide your answers for that week's trivia game question(s) and hit submit. If you are not a Registered User see rule #3 for instructions on how to become a Registered User. There is no fee or charge to become a Registered User.
There will be a new trivia game published on the Sweepstakes page approximately every seven (7) days during the Promotion Period. Participants will receive one entry for each individual trivia game completed during the Promotion Period.
6. Grand Prize. The Sweepstakes shall award one (1) grand prize ("Grand Prize") that consists of a 4-Day/3-Night trip to Los Angeles, California for the winner ("Winner") and one (1) guest. Trip consists of round-trip coach cabin air transportation for Winner and one (1) guest to Los Angeles, California from a single major U.S. gateway airport nearest Winner's home (as determined by Sponsor), standard double occupancy hotel accommodations for three (3) nights, ground transfers in Los Angeles from airport to hotel and back to airport, two (2) tickets to the Young and the Restless 40th Anniversary event, to include a behind the scene tour of the set (the "Event"), and $500 spending cash (cash to be issued in the form of a check). ARV of the Grand Prize is Three Thousand Five Hundred US Dollars ($3,500.00).
Grand Prize Restrictions. Trip is subject to Sponsor's and Event schedules. All expenses relating to acceptance of the Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes, meals, beverages, alcoholic beverages and gratuities are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and guest. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Actual value may vary based on place of departure and dates of travel. Travel must be completed on dates specified by Sponsor (programmed at the moment for March 24, 2013 - March 27, 2013) or the Grand Prize may be forfeited. Specifics of Grand Prize travel package are subject to availability and Sponsor's sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions and itinerary of Grand Prize trip will be furnished with Grand Prize notification. Travel must be made through Sponsor's agent on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary, and must be able to travel on dates provided and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. If Winner resides within a 100 mile radius of Los Angeles, ground transportation may be provided for Winner and guest in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in Grand Prize value. Guest of Winner is required to have reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence and will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to ticketing. Grand Prize is nontransferable. All taxes, including but not limited to federal, state, local, income and other taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. No assignment, transfer or substitution of the Grand Prize is permitted. Grand Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All other costs and expenses not specified herein, if any, are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and guest. All Sweepstakes Prizes' details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities. The Sweepstakes Entities and/or any other relevant party, reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to the Prize Winner and/or guest, to the Event, who engages in any conduct the Sweepstakes Entities deem to be improper or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Event, including, without limitation, acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
7. Winner Notification/Odds. The Grand Prize random drawing will take place at the end of the Promotion Period, from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period, on or about March 11, 2013. Sponsor will be responsible for the Sweepstakes drawing, Winner clearance and Grand Prize fulfillment, whose decisions are final and binding. A representative of Sponsor will attempt to contact the potential Winner via e-mail and/or phone number provided on the entry form within two (2) days of drawing. If unable to reach any potential Winner within 2 days of notification by Sponsor, Sponsor retains sole discretion to disqualify the Participant and may attempt to contact an alternate Participant, in accordance with this Official Rules. No more than two (2) attempts for a new alternate may be conducted. If such attempt fails, Prize will not be awarded. Potential Winner is subject to verification of eligibility and rules compliance. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period.
8. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Potential winner will be required to sign and properly execute the following documents and return them via facsimile or by email to Sponsor within 24 hours of receipt: (1) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Waiver; and (2) where lawful, a consent to publicity. If any documents sent to the potential Winner by any means are returned as undeliverable or if the potential Winner fails to properly execute and return all documents described herein in the time noted, or if the potential Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules the Prize will be forfeited even though the potential Winner's name may have been shown/announced on air or any medium, and an alternate potential Winner may be selected and contacted in accordance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited by law, Sweepstakes Entities may announce the name of the Sweepstakes Winner online.
Travel Companion Liability and Publicity Release. Winner's travel guest/companion must complete, execute and return a Travel Companion Liability Release, a Travel Companion Publicity Release (collectively, the "Travel Companion Release Forms"), within 24 hours of receipt and prior to issuance of travel documents. Failure to return Travel Companion Release Forms timely may prevent travel companion of Winner from participating in the trip.
9. Prize Taxes. All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from the Grand Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, Winner's acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
11. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any Participant from participating in any or all portions of any of the Sweepstakes including prize claim, and refuse to award the Grand Prize, if Participant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other Participants of the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes Entities, and/or any other relevant party, reserve the right to remove or disqualify the Participant who engages in non-sportsmanlike or disruptive behavior, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any Sweepstakes Entity. Such improper conduct, includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during Participant registration or a prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use Participant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with the Sweepstakes. Participants agree that Administrator may void any part of the Grand Prize that Participant may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Grand Prize that Participant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Participant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Grand Prize and/or return of the Grand Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, cancellation of Event or show, network overload (Internet/phone/wireless device) or any other causes which Administrator, in the sole opinion of Administrator, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct the Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the potential Winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost, Delayed or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and Participant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, delayed entries; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by end users of the CBSI Service, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
14. Damaged Property. Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to Participant's or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading materials from the Sweepstakes.
15. Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of the Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error (s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
16. Prize Winner and Prize. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising promotion agencies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Winner, or the distribution of the Grand Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the Grand Prize and/or any injury or damage to Participant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of the Grand Prize or any part of the Sweepstakes.
17. Release and Indemnity. Each Participant in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Prize Winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize, participation in the Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to the Sweepstakes.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND GRAND PRIZE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider (or as shown on the carrier's billing records) or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
21. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Sweepstakes is governed by United States law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Participant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23. Winners List/Official Rules. For the names of the Winner send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by March 31, 2013 to Y&R 40th Anniversary Sweepstakes Winner c/o CBS Interactive Inc. 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For Official Rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules: Y&R 40th Anniversary Sweepstakes for receipt by March 11, 2013. Residents from VT may omit postage on the self-address envelope. The Official Rules will be posted and the name of Winner may be posted on the CBSI Service.