NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AT LEAST 18 OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE, AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Twitter has not endorsed or sponsored this promotion in any way.
Sponsor & Administrator: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Prize Provider: O'Neill Clothing ("O'Neill"), 14350 Myford, Irvine, CA 92606
Sweepstakes Entities: CBSI and CBS Broadcasting Inc. ("CBS"), 51 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019, Studio Lambert and O'Neill Clothing
1. Acceptance of Rules. By entering the Undercover Boss O'Neill Giveaway (the "Sweepstakes") operated on CBSI's @Undercover_CBS page on the Twitter web site, accessible at the domain "twitter.com " (the "Twitter Service"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Sweepstakes, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, whose decisions are final.
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who are: (a) Registered Users (as defined below) of the Twitter Service, who also are followers of @Undercover_CBS on the Twitter Service; (b) legal residents of the United States; and (c) at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in their state of residence, at the date of entry in this Sweepstakes. For purposes of these Official Rules, Registered User(s) means a person that has successfully completed the registration form and has obtained a User Identification ("ID") and associated password ("Password") on the Twitter Service; there is no fee associated with becoming a Twitter Service Registered User. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
3. Promotion Period: The Sweepstakes begins on February 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM PT and ends at 12:00 PM PT February 26, 2013 (the "Promotion Period").
4. Entering: To participate in the Sweepstakes, Registered Users must become followers of @Undercover_cbs on the Twitter Service, if not already. If you are not currently a follower of @Undercover_cbs, go to http://twitter.com/Undercover_cbs and click on the button on the page that says "follow.". Once you become a follower of @Undercover_cbs send a tweet including the hash tag #oneillgiveaway to @Undercover_CBS and you will receive an entry into the Sweepstakes.
5. Prize(s): The Sweepstakes will award five prizes (the "Prize(s)") that each consists of an up to Five Hundred Dollars (US$500.00) shopping spree to O'Neill's online store accessible at www.oneillclothing.com. Prizes will be awarded in the form of a promotional code redeemable only once on O'Neill's website. For the purpose of clarity, once you enter the promotional code on the website to pay for your purchases, the code becomes invalid and may not be used for future purchases. Unused balances on promotional code will not be converted to cash nor awarded to winner. Each Prize has a maximum approximate retail value ("ARV") of Five Hundred Dollars (US$500.00). Total maximum ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars (US $2500.00).
6. Prize Restrictions: Promotional code will only be valid for one visit to O'Neill's website store. Unused balances on the promotional code will not be converted to cash nor awarded to winner. Other terms and restrictions may apply and will be furnished upon Prize delivery. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of a Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute a Prize with a Prize of comparable or greater value should a Prize or its components become unavailable. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
7. Odds/Drawings/Winner Notification. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The random Prize drawings will take place on or about February 27, 2013. The Prize drawings will be conducted at random by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Potential Prize winners ("Prize Winners") will be notified via message to their twitter account. If a potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Administrator will only select up to two (2) alternate Prize Winners per Prize. If no contact has been made with the alternates after a reasonable effort has been made, the Prize shall not be awarded. Unclaimed Prize(s) will not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes: All federal, state, local and other tax obligations arising from this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Prize Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release: Each Prize Winner will be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within two (2) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification or Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Prize Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Prize Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities its licensors, copyright owners and production companies to use Prize Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
11. Improper Conduct: Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award a Prize or any part of a Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that Administrator may void any part of a Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that entrant may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Entrant further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Sweepstakes: If, for any reason Undercover Boss (the "Show") is cancelled or preempted, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and select the Prize Winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost or Corrupted Entries: The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Sweepstakes.
14. Damaged Property: Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from this Sweepstakes.
15. Sweepstakes Errors: The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, licensors, copyright owners and production companies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of this Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity (s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
16. Prizes and Prize Winners: The Sweepstakes Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, licensors, copyright owners and production companies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Prize Winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Sweepstakes.
17. Release and Indemnity: Each entrant in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Prize Winners, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, licensors, copyright owners, production companies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to this Sweepstakes.
18. Limitation of Liability: IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, LICENSORS, COPYRIGHT OWNERS, PRODUCTION COMPANIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties: THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Prize Winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
21. Binding Arbitration: The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23. Winner List/Official Rules: For the name of the Prize Winners send a self addressed stamped envelope for receipt by March 31, 2013 to "Winner's list Undercover Boss O'Neill Giveaway - " c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.For a copy of the Official Rules send a self addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked Official Rules "Undercover Boss O'Neill Giveaway " for receipt by March 10, 2013; residents from VT may omit postage on the self addressed envelope. The full name of the Prize Winners may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on the CBSI Service.