We polled social media users to see how far they would go to keep a secret & some of the results may shock you. 😱https://t.co/hI7fjIGTfs— American Gothic (@AMERICAN_GOTHIC) June 20, 2016
Listed below are fans' answers to just a few of the questions that the Hawthornes must ask themselves over the course of this riveting, 13-part mystery series:
1. Have you ever lied about what you were doing or who you were with because you knew it would upset someone you love?
Fans' response: 84% have told a lie to avoid hurting someone they loved.
2. Do you think not telling the truth is the same as lying?
Fans' response: 53% decided there's no difference between a lie and purposely leaving out the "full truth."
3. Would you hide evidence if a close friend or family member asked you to?
Fans' response: 62% claimed they would not store evidence from a crime to protect the ones they love.
4. Would you lie to spare your siblings' feelings?
Fans' response: 54% agreed they'd rather save their siblings' feelings with a lie.
5. Have you ever lied about something small that, over time, became something much bigger?
Fans' response: 70% have had a lie snowball out of control.
The bottom line: How well do you really know the people you love?
Tune-in to American Gothic on Wednesdays, 10/9c on CBS.
The Cast Of American Gothic Shares The Secret To Keeping A Secret
American Gothic: 5 Things To Expect From The Murder Mystery
American Gothic Premiere Recap: 6 Most Puzzling Moments (Spoilers)