Win Prizes With The #TrekDiscovery Challenge At Comic-Con
Here's how to enter:
- Find the five different Star Trek crews (The Original Series, The Next Generation, Voyager, Deep Space Nine, and Enterprise) in the Gaslamp District of San Diego.
- Take a photo with each crew (you need to appear in the photo).
- Upload each photo to Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtag #TrekDiscovery.
- Complete the challenge with a photo in the Star Trek: Discovery Captain's Chair at the Star Trek: Discovery Gallery (363 Fifth Ave, San Diego, CA 92101).
- Share the final image on Instagram or Twitter! While at the gallery, find the #TrekDiscovery Contest Representative, fill out your entry form (with name and social handle), return it to the representative, then ask when and where they will announce the winners, so you can be there to maybe collect your prize!
The #TrekDiscovery Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO PERSONS WHO ARE U.S. RESIDENTS, IN ATTENDANCE AT THE 2017 COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL: SAN DIEGO FESTIVITIES LOCATED IN THE HISTORIC NEIGHBORHOOD OF THE GASLAMP QUARTER IN DOWNTOWN SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA DURING ONE OR BOTH CONTEST PERIODS (JULY 21 AND/OR JULY 22, 2017), AND WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
Sponsor, Administrator and Prize Provider: CBS Broadcasting Inc. ("CBS"), 51 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019, and CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"). 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.
Contest Entities: CBS and CBSI
THIS CONTEST IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER. Data rates may apply when participating, see section below for details.
If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smartphone, tablet and/or other wireless device that allows you to access the Internet, you may enter the Contest via any of those devices during the Challenge period, as defined below. If you decide to participate via any such wireless device, you may be charged data rates in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and users should contact their wireless carrier for information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest.
1. Acceptance of Rules. By entering "The #TrekDiscovery Challenge" (the "Challenge") operated by CBSI at the 2017 Comic-Con festivities at the Gaslamp Quarter in downtown, San Diego, CA, (scheduled to occur on July 21, 2017 and July 22, 2017) (the "Event"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Challenge. The Challenge is divided into two (2) separate contests (each a “Contest”) as specified below., and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with these Contests, whose decisions are final.
2. Eligibility. Each Contest is open to (a) participants who is a U.S resident, in attendance at the Event during one (1) or both the Contest(s) periods; (b) who are registered users of the Instagram and/or Twitter Service; and (c) who are 18 years of age or older at the date of entry into a Contest(s). For purposes of these Official Rules, "Registered User (s)" means a person that has successfully completed the registration form and has obtained a User Identification ("ID") and associated password ("Password") on the Instagram and/or the Twitter Service with a public profile; there is no fee associated with becoming an Instagram or Twitter registrant. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate in a Contest. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. These Contests are void where prohibited by law.
3. Promotion Period. The Challenge is divided into two (2) separate Contests. The first Contest begins on July 21, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. PT and ends at 6:00 p.m. PT on July 21, 2017 (“1st Contest Period”). The second Contest begins on July 22, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. PT and ends at 6:00 p.m. PT on July 22, 2017 (the "2nd Contest Period").
4. Entering: To enter, participants need to complete six (6) tasks; the first five (5) tasks involve having to seek out and find each of the groups that represents each of the five (5) earlier iterations of the TV show Star Trek. Each participant must have their photo taken with each such group representing characters from the Star Trek Shows: TOS (The Original Series), TNG (The Next Generation), DS9 (Deep Space Nine), VOY (Voyager), and the Enterprise; and such five (5) photos must be posted to/shared on participant's public profile on Instagram.com or Twitter.com at the moment the photo is taken using hashtag #TrekDiscovery. For the final and sixth (6) task of the Challenge, participants must have their photo taken sitting at the Discovery Captain's Chair photo experience located in the Michael J Wolf Gallery and posted with the #TrekDiscovery. Once participant has completed the last task, participants will need to find the #TrekDiscovery Contest Representative, fill out their entry form (with at a minimum their name and social handle) and return it to the representative to be entered into the applicable Contest. There will be five (5) groups of CBSI representative replicating those five (5) iterations of the TV show Star Trek. Each group will hit the streets of the Event until 4:00pm PT during each of the 1st Contest Period and the 2nd Contest Period. The participant and/or participants that complete this challenge in the quickest time (according to timestamp of the first and last post that completes the challenge) will be eligible to win the Prize(s) (as defined below) as outlined below. Please note: All six (6) tasks must be completed on either Twitter or Instagram, and an entry form filled out, in order to complete the Challenge and be eligible for Prizes. Limit one entry per person per Contest regardless of media site used to post. For purposes of clarity, participants cannot use photos taken from the July 21 Contest and use it for July 22 Contest; and participants must upload the photos of all six tasks to just one of the platforms (i.e. Instagram or Twitter).
5. Prizes (the "Prizes"):
July 21, 2017 Contest
Prizes: Five (5) grand prize winners (the "Grand Prize Winners") will each receive one (1) Roku Streaming Stick and one (1) Twenty-Five Dollar CBS All Access Gift Card. Each grand prize ("Grand Prize") has an approximate retail value ("ARV") of Ninety (US$90.00) Dollars. There will be up to forty-five (45) runner-up prizes (the "Runner-up Prizes") awarded. Each Runner-up Prize consists of one (1) Twenty-Five Dollar CBS All Access Gift Card. Total ARV of all Prizes awarded in the July 21, 2017 Contest is One Thousand Five Hundred Seventy-Five Dollars (US$1,575.00).
July 22, 2017 Contest
Prizes: Five (5) Grand Prize Winners will each receive one (1) Roku Streaming Stick and one (1) Twenty-Five Dollar CBS All Access Gift Card. Each Grand Prize has ARV of Ninety (US$90.00) Dollars. There will be up to forty-five (45) Runner-up Prizes awarded. Each Runner-up Prize consists of one (1) Twenty- Five Dollar CBS All Access Gift Card. Total ARV of all Prizes awarded in the July 22, 2017 is One Thousand Five Hundred Seventy-Five Dollars (US$1,575.00). Maximum ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Challenge is Three Thousand One Hundred Fifty Dollars (US $3,150.00).
Limit one Prize per person during the Challenge. Grand Prize Winners and Runner-up Prize winners, collectively “Winner(s)”).
6. Prize Restrictions. Certain terms and restrictions may apply on gift card, to be provided upon Prize claim. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of the Prize is permitted. Prizes are solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities.
7. Odds/Winner Notification. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible participants that complete the six (6) tasks and the time it took for those participants to complete all six (6) tasks; and who have filled out the entry form. The Prizes will be awarded, on or around after each Contest ends. Winners will be notified via their social media account of the platform via which they entered the Challenge. Winners may pick up their Prizes at the Michael J Wolf Gallery by 2:00 p.m. PT on Sunday, July 22, 2017, or the Administrator may mail the Prizes to the confirmed Winners. In the event of a tie, participants will each be asked a Star Trek related trivia question which will be administrated by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. Tie-breaker question will be timed and the person who answers the question correctly the quickest will be determined the Winner. Failure of Winner to claim prize will result in forfeiture of Prize. Unclaimed Prize will not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities, if applicable, arising from this Contest, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Winner(s) may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") as well as a W-9 tax form upon notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
11. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of these Contest, and refuse to award a Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Contest or detrimental to other entrants of the Contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through entering multiple entries, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, disassemble or otherwise tamper with these Contest. Winner(s) agree that Administrator may void any part of a Prize that entrant may have won and/or require the return of any part of a Prize that a Winner may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Winner(s) further acknowledge(s) that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and select the Winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible entries, if applicable, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate entry information. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking with or utilized in these Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Contest.
14. Damaged Property. Contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or property related to or resulting from participating in these Contest.
15. Contest Errors. The Contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in these Contest; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of these Contest; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error (s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
16. Prizes and Prize Winners. The Contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of these Contests.
17. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in these Contests, including, without limitation, a Prize Winner, hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Contest Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in these Contest and participation in any activity related to these Contest.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE CONTEST ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THESE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties. THESE CONTEST AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON- INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
21. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or these Contests. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or these Contests shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with these Contests, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.23. Winner List/Official Rules. For the name of the Prize Winners, send a self-addresses stamped envelope for receipt by July 31, 3017 to "Winner's list, The "#TrekDiscovery" c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For Official Rules, send a self- addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked for receipt by July 31, 2017. Residents of VT may omit postage from self-addressed envelope. The names of the Winner(s) may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on cbs.com.