The Great Neighbor Shout-Out Contest Official Rules
Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN STATE OF RESIDENCE AT DATE OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DATA RATES MAY APPLY. DURING THE VOTING PERIOD, USERS ARE LIMITED TO ONE VOTE PER PERSON.
Sponsor(s), Administrator(s) & Prize Provider(s): Nextdoor, Inc. ("Nextdoor"), 875 Stevenson Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA 94103 and CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Contest Entities: Nextdoor and CBSI
1. Acceptance of Rules. By entering the "THE GREAT NEIGHBOR SHOUT-OUT Contest" (the "Contest") which is operated on the Nextdoor website accessible at the domain www.nextdoor.com or via the Nextdoor App (the "Nextdoor Service"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Contest and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Contest, whose decisions are final.
No purchase, entry fee or use of wireless device is necessary to enter or win. If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smartphone, tablet or other wireless device that allows you access to the Internet, you may also access the Contest via any of those devices during the Promotion Period (as defined below). If you choose to access this Contest via any of those wireless devices, you may be charged data rates in accordance to the Terms and Conditions of the Service Agreement with your carrier.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is open to users of Nextdoor (the "Users") (https://nextdoor.com), who are: (a) legal residents of the United States; and (b) at least eighteen (18) years of age or age of majority, whichever is older in state of residence on the date of entry into this Contest. There is no cost to be a subscriber of Nextdoor and Users can unsubscribe at any time. Employees, directors, and immediate family members of the Contest Entities and their parents, and affiliated and subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate in this Contest. For purpose of the foregoing, "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
3. Promotion Period. The Contest begins on April 15, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on August 1, 2019* (formerly July 15, 2019) ("Promotion Period"). The Promotion Period is divided into four (4) separate phases, the entry/nomination period (the "Entry/Nomination Period"), the first judging period (the "First Judging Period"), the open voting period (the "Voting Period") and the final judging/winner determination period (the "Final Judging/Winner Determination Period"). The Entry/Nomination Period begins at 9:00:00 a.m. PT on April 15, 2019 and ends at 11:59:00 a.m. PT on May 15, 2019. The First Judging Period begins on May 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. and ends on 11:59:59 a.m. PT on or around June 17, 2019* (formerly May 31, 2019) in which the judges will narrow the Entries/Nominations to the top twelve (12). The Voting Period begins at 5:00:01 pm PT on or around June 17, 2019* (formerly May 31, 2019) and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. PT on July 17, 2019* (formerly June 30, 2019) in which the public at large will narrow down the entries to the top 5. During the "Voting Period", users are limited to one vote per person. The Final Judging/Winner Determination Period will begin on July 18, 2019 (formerly July 1, 2019) and end on August 1, 2019 (formerly July 15, 2019) and will be judged by the Panel of judges (as defined below) and will determine the grand prize and consolation winners based on the criteria below.
4. Entering the Contest. There are two ways to enter the contest:
1) To enter the Contest online, Users need to go to the Contest page accessible at https://us.nextdoor.com/theneighborhood on the Nextdoor website during the Contest Entry Period. Then follow the instructions below to enter and complete the Contest Entry form, including, without limitation, filling out the fields on the form presented, submitting your Nomination/Entry and agreeing to the Official Rules and hitting the "Submit" button to receive an entry into the Contest.
2) To enter the Contest via the Nextdoor App, participants must register (if not already) to iTunes and/or Google Play with an iOS or Android device, as applicable, download the Nextdoor App to their mobile device, access the Contest during the Contest Entry Period, and complete the Contest entry form, including, without limitation, filling out the fields on the form presented, submitting your Nomination/Entry and agreeing to the Official Rules and hitting the "Submit" button to receive an entry into the Contest.
5. How it Works. Users will be asked to nominate a neighbor/person who they think should be eligible and/or deserves to win a Prize (as defined below). Users may not nominate themselves for a Prize. Users must submit an original and truthful short story (the "Entry(ies)") that talks about the nominee (the "Nominee") and explains how this person goes above and beyond for their neighbors, neighborhood and/or their community. The stories should be written keeping the following guidelines in mind: (a) who do you think goes above and beyond? (b) who uplifts the neighborhood? (c) who is always ready to help?
To nominate a neighbor/person, please follow these steps: (a) go to the Contest Page at https://us.nextdoor.com/theneighborhood; (b) include, without limitation, your first name, last name, email address, Nextdoor neighborhood name, city/state, and all information requested about your Nominee; (c) write a short story in the space provided describing why your Nominee deserves to win a prize; and (d) hit the "Submit your nomination" button. Each Nominee and Nominator will receive an entry into the Contest and will be eligible for a prize. Please Note: Each Nominee must be 18 years old or age of majority in state of residence. Limit of one unique Nominee per nominator. Users nominating the same Nominee multiple times may be disqualified at Sponsors sole discretion.
Sponsor reserves the right to edit the Entry if the Entry contains personal information such as Nominee's full name and address.
The panel of judges will judge all Nominations/Entries during the First Judging Period. The judges (comprised of Nextdoor and CBS Employees, the "Judges" and collectively the "Judging Panel") will determine the top twelve (12) Entries/Nominations based on the following criteria: compelling story (50 points); emotional impact (30 points) and quality of writing (20 points) (the "Criteria"). A team of Nextdoor representatives will contact the top 12 Users to ensure eligibility and proper consent from Nominee to have such entry submitted. During the Voting Period, the public at large will be asked to vote on the top twelve (12) Entries/Nominations based on the same Criteria. The Voting Period will take place on the Contest Page. Based on the results of the public vote, will narrow down the top twelve (12) Entries to the top five (5) finalist Entries. During the Final Judging/Winner Determination Period, the Judging Panel will determine the two (2) grand prize winners and the four consolation prize winners based on the same criteria expressed above. The decisions of the Judging Panel are final and binding in all respects. The potential winner(s) will be notified through the email address of the User who submitted the Entry about the Nominee when entering the Contest. We will communicate with the winner(s) through the Participant who submitted the Nomination/Entry. The winner(s)will be asked to provide their personal information, such as their name, physical address, date of birth and phone number in order to confirm eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during two (2) days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified with an alternate winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Administrator will only select one (1) alternate Winner per Prize. If no contact has been made with such alternate winner after two (2) days, such prize shall not be awarded. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
6. Entry Specifications and Release. Entry(ies) must be in English and shall not have any, profanity, obscenities and must be an original creation of the User. User must have permission from the Nominee to submit the Nomination/Entry. Users, by entering in the Contest you agree that the Contest Entities shall have the right and permission to use your content submission (including your name or other identifying information) for advertising, promotional, and/or any other purpose in any media without additional compensation or further notification to you unless prohibited by law; provided, however that the Contest Entities will not use the winner's name and photograph, or other identifying information for any purpose without authorization from the winner. You hereby grant the Contest Entities a perpetual, worldwide, royalty free license to publish your story on the CBSI Service with no compensation to you other than getting the story published on the Nextdoor Service. Entry(ies) submitted must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole determination of Contest Entities. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to reproduce the Entry(ies) in full or edit and enhance the Entry(ies) at their discretion. No Entries will be returned to users. Administrator will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misplaced Entries.
7. Prizes. The Contest will award two (2) grand prizes (the "Grand Prize(s)") and four (4) consolation prizes (the "Consolation Prizes," and together with the Grand Prizes, the "Prizes"), except as otherwise set forth herein.
Grand Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to the Nominator submitting the entry and their guest and one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to the Nominee who the story was written about and their guest. Each Grand Prize consists of a two (2) night trip for two people (the winner and their guest) to the host city (at the moment Los Angeles, CA) and a set visit of the CBS show, "The Neighborhood" (the "Event"), including: (i) roundtrip airfare (coach class) from a single major U.S. airport nearest Grand Prize winner's home (as determined by Sponsor); (ii) ground transportation to and from the airport, and to and from Event in host city (if applicable); (iii) hotel accommodations (standard double occupancy); (iv) two (2) tickets to the Event (scheduled TBD); and (v) Five Hundred Dollars (US$500.00) for spending money. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize is Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars (US$2,500.00).
Consolation Prizes: Four (4) Consolation Prizes will be awarded to consist of a local block party ("Yard-e-cues") with food and drinks provided for up to twenty (20) people, and a potential visit to the neighborhood by a Nextdoor employee(s) and/or representatives. Each Consolation Prize has an ARV of One Thousand Dollars (US$1,000.00). The Consolation Prize is for the Nominee only and it is up to Nominator to make themselves available to attend and to provide their own transportation, if applicable. For purposes of clarity, a Consolation Prizes will only be awarded to Nominees, and not to Nominators.
The total ARV of all Prizes to be awarded in this Contest is Nine Thousand Dollars (US$9,000.00).
8. Prize Restrictions. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to taxes, meals, beverages and gratuities are the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner (the "Grand Prize Winner(s)" and their guest(s). If a Grand Prize Winner resides within a 100-mile radius of the Event host city, ground transportation may be provided for such Grand Prize Winner and guest in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in Prize value. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Actual value of the Grand Prize may vary based on departure city and dates of travel, no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in Prize value. Specifics of travel package are subject to availability and Sponsor's sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of trip will be furnished with Grand Prize notification. Travel must be made through Sponsor's agent on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. Each Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and provide all necessary travel documents required. Each Guest of the Grand Prize Winner must be 18 or older and must sign the Travel Companion Release (as defined below). If the Event is canceled, rescheduled, pre-empted or if the Winner cannot take the trip and/or attend the Event on dates specified by the Sponsor, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Grand Prize Winner other than to supply the trip portion as described within one (1) year from date of Prize notification, minus the Event tickets and transportation within the city. The Contest Entities, and/or any other relevant party, reserves the right to stop, remove or to deny entry to the Grand Prize Winner and/or guest from participating in any portion of the Prize, including without limitation, the Event, to any Grand Prize Winner or guest who engages in a disruptive manner, or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or in any conduct the Contest Entities deem to be improper or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Event. The dates of travel will be furnished upon prize claim.
Dates of Consolation Prize are yet to be determined and will be furnished upon prize claim. In the event there is a need to reschedule a Consolation prize due to weather or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel and reschedule within one year of Prize claim.
No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of any Prize or any portion of any Prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize or any of its components with a prize of comparable or greater value should a Prize or any of its components become unavailable or for any other reason needs to be exchanged. Prize(s) are solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
9. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Contest, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each winner.
10. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Grand Prize Winners, Consolation Prize Winners (collectively, the "Winner(s)") will be required to complete, execute and return within five (5) days from notification of winning a Prize: (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release (the "Affidavit"); (b) where lawful, a Publicity Release (together with the Affidavit, the "Release Forms"); and (c) and a W-9 tax form. Failure to return Release Forms in a timely manner, or if the Prize notification or Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Each Grand Prize Winner's travel companion/guest must complete, execute and return a Travel Companion Liability Release and a Travel Companion Publicity Release (collectively, the "Travel Companion Release Forms") prior to issuance of travel documents. Failure to return Travel Companion Release Forms timely may prevent travel companion of the Winner from participating in the trip.
11. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, Entry, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
12. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any user from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Contest, and refuse to award a Prize, if user engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Contest or detrimental to other users of the Contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during user entry or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating Entries through methods, such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use user's personal information for the purpose of accumulating Entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Contest. Winner(s) agree that Administrator and/or Sponsor may void any part of a Prize that a Winner may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that a Winner may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Winner(s) further acknowledge(s) that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Integrity of Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and select the Winner(s) from Entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
14. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due Entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Contest.
15. Damaged Property. The Contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with injury or damage to any users or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from this Contest.
16. Contest Errors. The Contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Contest; (b) in any related advertising or promotion of this Contest; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error (s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
17. Prize(s) and Winner(s). The Contest Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waives any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of a Winner, the distribution of a Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of this Contest.
18. Release and Indemnity. Each user in this Contest, including, without limitation, the Winner(s), hereby release and agree to hold harmless the Contest Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Contest and participation in any activity related to this Contest.
19. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE CONTEST ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
20. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE CONTEST AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
21. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address or wireless phone number, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address and/or phone number confirmed by the Winner(s) and Nominator(s) at time of Prize claim. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
22. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
23. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without giving effect to the conflict of laws and rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration, as set forth in Section 22 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
24. Winners List/Official Rules. For the name of the Winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by August 31, 2019 to "Winner's list, THE GREAT NEIGHBOR SHOUT-OUT Contest", c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules: THE GREAT NEIGHBOR SHOUT-OUT Contest" for receipt by August 31, 2019. Residents from VT may omit postage on self-addressed envelope. The full name of the Winner(s) may be posted on nextdoor.com and cbs.com and the Official Rules will be posted on cbs.com.