Hometown: Thousand Oaks, CA
Current city: Camarillo, CA
Occupation: Eco-friendly marketing rep
STREAM: Alex Ow's first on-camera interview before she enters the Big Brother 19 house!
Three adjectives that describe you: Center of attention, hyper, and adorable.
Favorite activities: I love knitting, crocheting, baking, going to the gym, going out with friends, hanging out with my family, watching Netflix, hiking, dating, and being lazy.
My spirit animal is a sloth. LOL.
What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house?
Honestly, what will kill me the most is being on TV, but not being able to watch it.
I listen to Netflix at work and I watch like five straight hours of TV after dinner until I fall asleep.
It'll be nice though for the TV detox!
Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most?
I love Nicole Franzel from Season 16 and the winner of Season 18! She's seriously a fan favorite. I find her the most honest and most relatable. While she did do some shady things, like turning her back on alliances, she was in it to win it and I respect the way she went about it. She reminds me of myself.
We look all cute and cuddly, but we're here for one thing—to win Big Brother.
Do you have a strategy for winning the game?
Yes. Standing at my fun-sized, 5-foot-nothing height might make me look like an easy target, and I anticipate that people in the house will overlook me and confuse my kindness for weakness.
But I play for the long end game and that's to win.
If they see me as a non-threat, I can fly under the radar until the stronger players are weeded out. Once this happens, I can show my true colors, but still play as a "weakling."
You don't want to show too much strength right away, but you want to be strong enough that people keep you in their alliances.
I may be small but my mind is sharp. I can manipulate anyone, including boys!
You don't want to show your cards all at once.
My life's motto is… Live life to the fullest!
What would you take into the house, and why?
- Family pictures. I am super-close to my family, especially my sister and nephew. People often mistake us for twins, even though we're five years apart and she looks way more Asian than me. Even when I lived cross country in New York, I always made it a point to Skype/FaceTime them. I had family dinner with them once a week via FaceTime, so I definitely would want pictures of them.
- Something to share with everyone the first day, like a small candy or something. Maybe candy leis? I love giving gifts and I'm sure it would help my chances of building strong alliances in the house.
- Hot sauce. I can't eat food without it and it has to be the brands I like. Not just any hot sauce.
Fun facts about yourself:
- I've had plastic surgery five times, but only once by choice. (My boobs.) Ain't no shame in this game, except my parents don't know, so let's keep that on the down-low.
- I am a self-taught crocheter, sewer, and knitter. I make bikinis, blankets, costumes, and all kinds of things from scratch. Thank you YouTube and Google for being the greatest teachers out there.
- I beat Diablo 2 on Nightmare mode. If you aren't a nerd, this fact will mean nothing to you.
- I look photogenic in my pictures but it actually takes me a thousand pictures to find one good picture of myself. I bought myself a self-timer, so I wouldn't have to be embarrassed to ask someone to take a million selfies of me and I can get one with my eyes open for Instagram.
- I have beginner's luck. The first time I played slots at the Chumash Casino when I was 18, I won $4,000 off $40 bucks my mom gave me. I also won $5,000 off $20 the first time I played craps in Las Vegas.