Big Brother Debuts in HD With Special Two-Night Premiere: Live Kickoff and All-Nighter Events
GET READY FOR EVEN MORE “BIG BROTHER” THIS SUMMER
ACROSS ALL SCREENS
(TV Guide Network)
Multiplatform Programming Includes New “BIG BROTHER Live Kickoff” and “BIG BROTHER All-Nighter” Events, Plus the Return of CBS.com’s 24/7 Live Feeds and Weekly BIG BROTHER Live Chats
LOS ANGELES – BIG BROTHER fans will have even more interactive and cross-platform elements to enjoy when the new season kicks off with a special two-night premiere, Wednesday, June 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and Thursday, June 26 (9:00-10:00 PM), on the CBS Television Network.
The show will be broadcast in HD for the first time this summer. The BIG BROTHER house has been outfitted with 76 HD cameras and more than 100 microphones to give fans new viewpoints inside the house and double the coverage in the backyard.
For the second consecutive year, TVGN (TV Guide Network) will be the exclusive television destination for BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK, a live feed from the BIG BROTHER house during the late-night hours beginning on Thursday, June 26. This season, BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK will air in HD and will expand with even more airtime throughout the summer. BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK will air commercial-free on its premiere night.
Expanded interactive and multi-platform features will bring fans closer to the Houseguests with new Impact Votes, BIG BROTHER 24/7 Live Feed features and exclusive digital programming. CBS.com will kick off the season on June 25 with a new pre-premiere event, “BIG BROTHER Live Kickoff,” hosted by former Houseguest Jeff Schroeder at 7:00 PM ET/4:00 PM PT. Following the June 26 episode of BIG BROTHER, Schroeder will host the first “BIG BROTHER All-Nighter,” where he will live-tweet the first 16 hours of the BIG BROTHER 24/7 Live Feeds, which return to CBS.com with new offerings, including exclusive votes just for Live Feed subscribers.
“We saw tremendous growth in engagement around the interactive and multiplatform elements we launched last year – including triple digit growth in engagement around the fan-driven Impact Votes,” said Rob Gelick, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Digital Platforms for CBS Interactive Entertainment. “Our goal this season is to give fans even more access and ways to affect the BIG BROTHER house. We can’t wait for fans to see what we have in store this season.”
Details of the social, interactive and multiplatform features fans can look forward to this season include:
· CBS.com’s “BIG BROTHER Live Kickoff,” Hosted by Jeff Schroeder, the CBS.com Pre-Show will air live exclusively online an hour before the east coast on-air premiere on June 25. The special event will feature commentary on the new cast and discuss some of the new twists fans can expect this season.
· CBS.com’s “BIG BROTHER All-Nighter” Event: The BIG BROTHER All-Nighter begins following the second night of the BIG BROTHER premiere on June 26. Schroeder will live tweet the action in the house for the first 16 hours of the Live Feeds.
· BIG BROTHER Live Feeds on CBS.com: The BIG BROTHER Live Feeds subscription service provides an exclusive, all-access pass to the BIG BROTHER house. Fans will have an opportunity to see all of the action inside the BIG BROTHER house when the Live Feeds begin on Thursday, June 26 at 10:00 PM PT / 1:00 AM ET. Along with all the features fans know and love – like subscriber-only web chat, four different camera feeds, a quad-camera view, live feed highlights and live stream playback – this year, BIG BROTHER Live Feeds subscribers will also have the chance to affect fun aspects of house life with exclusive Live Feed Votes throughout the season. In addition, CBS.com will add a Houseguest Tracker, so fans can keep tabs on their favorite Houseguests with comprehensive stat cards tracking everything from challenges to nominations.
Fans can sign up now for the BIG BROTHER Live Feeds Early Bird Special for a discounted subscription and access to special features leading up to the premiere, including a selection of full-episodes from past seasons and Live Chat events with past seasons’ winners. Feeds will be available via subscription on a season-long or monthly basis. To sign up, visit: http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/live_feed/.
· BIG BROTHER Live Feeds on Mobile Devices: In addition to watching the Live Feeds on CBS.com, subscribers will also be able to access the BIG BROTHER Live Feeds on mobile devices by visiting cbs.com/bblivefeeds/ from their mobile browser. The mobile experience will be enhanced this year with new features, including the ability to vote in the exclusive Live Feed Votes, and access to the Houseguest Tracker, highlights and social media feeds.
· BIG BROTHER on the CBS App: iOS, Android, Windows 8 and Blackberry users will be able to catch up on full episodes of BIG BROTHER on the CBS App the day after they air. Also, they’ll be able to follow the social media conversation around the show, view photos and get cast details. Full episodes and clips will also be available on CBS.com and across select CBS Audience Network partner sites.
· CBS.com’s “BIG BROTHER Live Chat”: The weekly “BIG BROTHER Live Chat” web series will return with host Jeff Schroeder. Every Friday at 12:00 PM PT, Schroeder will take questions directly from fans via BIG BROTHER Connect and interview Houseguests and series experts in a live streaming chat.
· BIG BROTHER Social Media:
o Fan-Driven #BBSelfie and the BIG BROTHER Photo Booth: The BIG BROTHER Photo Booth returns for its second season with a new twist. Fans will be able to submit photos using #BBSelfie that could be chosen to go into the BIG BROTHER House Photo Booth each week. Also, fans will be able to use the power of Twitter to unlock exclusive photos from the house on CBS.com.
o BIG BROTHER on Twitter: Fans can follow @CBSBigBrother for updates on the show, @BigBrotherScoop for exclusive production updates, and @BigBrotherHoH for messages from each week’s Head of Household.
· CBS.com’s HoH Blog: CBS.com’s “Head of Household” blog has been revamped this year and will now include video.
BIG BROTHER will be presented multiple nights of the week across broadcast and cable television:
· BIG BROTHER on The CBS Television Network: BIG BROTHER will debut in HD with a special two-night premiere Wednesday, June 25 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and Thursday June 26 (9:00-10:00 PM), with the first live eviction show the following week (Thursday, July 3). The Sunday broadcast premieres June 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).
· BIG BROTHER on TVGN: BIG BROTHER on TVGN: For the second consecutive year, TVGN (TV Guide Network) will be the exclusive television destination for BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK. This season, TVGN will expand BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK with even more air time throughout the summer. Beginning Thursday, June 26, BIG BROTHER: AFTER DARK will air seven nights a week (11:00 PM-2:00 AM, live ET on Monday and Tuesday; 12:00 AM-2:00 AM, live ET on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; and 1:00 AM-3:00 AM, live ET on Thursday). To locate TVGN on a television service provider, viewers can visit www.tvgn.tv for a channel finder.
Last summer, BIG BROTHER experienced significant growth across platforms. The BIG BROTHER fan-driven Impact Votes for the 2013 season generated more than 10 million fan votes, an increase in fan engagement of 529 percent over the previous year. In addition, social media commentary around the show was up 67 percent over the previous season, according to SocialGuide, and the BIG BROTHER Live Feeds service also saw tremendous levels of engagement: over 10 million hours of video were streamed live and 31 million subscriber chat entries were made within 23,000 fan-created BIG BROTHER Live Feeds chat rooms.
BIG BROTHER follows a group of people living together in a house outfitted with 76 HD cameras and more than 100 microphones, recording their every move 24 hours a day. Each week, the Houseguests will vote someone out of the house. At the end, the last remaining Houseguest will receive the grand prize of $500,000. BIG BROTHER is produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan for Fly on the Wall Entertainment, in association with Endemol USA.
On the Web: http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/
Photos are available: www.cbspressexpress.com
Host on Twitter: @JulieChen
* * *