B&B Fan February "Spread the Love" Sweepstakes
Learn how to enter!
B&B Fan February "Spread the Love" Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR WIRELESS DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE, AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO THIS PROMOTION. VOID IN ALL U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE ACCESSING THIS PROMOTION VIA YOUR WIRELESS DEVICE, DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
Administrator, Sponsor & Prize Provider: CBS Interactive Inc, ("CBSI").
Sweepstakes Entities: CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI") and CBS Broadcasting Inc. ("CBS").
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY INSTAGRAM.
1. Acceptance of Rules. By entering "B&B Fan February 'Spread the Love' Sweepstakes" (the "Promotion"), connected to the CBS TV Show, "The Bold and the Beautiful" (the "Show") operated on the CBSI social web site accessible at the domain "https://www.instagram.com/boldandbeautifulcbs/" (the "CBSI Service"), you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Promotion and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Promotion, whose decisions are final.
No purchase, entry fee or use of wireless device is necessary to enter or win. If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smartphone, tablet or other wireless device that allows you access to the Internet, you may also enter the Promotion via any of those devices during the Promotion Period (as defined below). If you chose to access this Promotion via any of those wireless devices, you may be charged message and/or data rates according to the Terms and Conditions of the Service Agreement with your wireless carrier.
2. Eligibility. This Promotion is offered and open to persons who are: (a) Registered Users (as defined below); (b) legal residents of the United States; (c) at least 18 years old or age of majority, whichever is older in their state of residence, at the date of entry in this Promotion. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Registered User(s)" means a person who has successfully completed the registration form and has obtained a user identification, an associated password on the social website Instagram. There is no fee associated with becoming an Instagram Registered User. Employees, directors, and the immediate family members of the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and legal and financial advisors are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. For purpose of the foregoing, "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Promotion is void in all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
3. Entering a Sweepstakes: To enter a Sweepstakes, if not already (i) become a Registered User (as specified above), (ii) go to the CBSI Service and follow the page, (iii) comment with a compliment to your favorite B&B actor; and (iv) tag a friend on the post related to one (1) of the Sweepstakes during the applicable Sweepstakes Entry Period (as specified below); and you will receive an entry into one (1) of the applicable Sweepstakes.
4. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins on February 5, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on March 1, 2019 (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator is the official timekeeper of the Promotion. The Promotion Period is divided into four (4) separate weekly sweepstakes (each, a "Sweepstakes" and collectively, the "Sweepstakes"). Each Sweepstakes begins on Mondays at 10:00 a.m. PT (with the exception of the First Sweepstakes which begins on Tuesday) and ends on Fridays at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (each, a "Sweepstakes Entry Period") on the dates shown on the schedule below.
Sweepstakes Entry Periods and Prize Drawing Schedule:
First Sweepstakes Entry Period begins on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 and ends February 8, 2019. The Drawing will be conducted on or around February 11, 2019.
Second Sweepstakes Entry Period begins on Monday, February 11, 2019 and ends February 15, 2019. Drawing will be conducted on or around February 18, 2019.
Third Sweepstakes Entry Period begins on Monday, February 18, 2019 and ends February 22, 2019. Drawing will be conducted on or around February 25, 2019.
Fourth Sweepstakes Entry Period begins on Monday, February 25, 2019 and ends March 1, 2019. Drawing will be conducted on or around March 4, 2019.
Limit of ten (10) entries per person per day per Sweepstakes.
5. Prizes: Each individual Sweepstakes shall award one (1) prize (each, a "Prize" and collectively, the "Prizes"). Prizes to be awarded for the Sweepstakes are as follows:
Please see Prize Restrictions relating to this Prize in section 6 below of these Official Rules.
First Sweepstakes will award a Prize that consists of a personal valentine video message from a cast member of the Show, sent directly to the Winner's (as defined below) email account. The first Sweepstakes Prize has no approximate retail value ("ARV").
Second Sweepstakes will award a Prize that consists of one (1) Forrester Creations Garment Bag. The second Sweepstakes Prize has an ARV of Forty Dollars (US$40.00).
Third Sweepstakes will award a Prize that consists of having a new character on the Show, named after the Winner. The third Sweepstakes Prize has no ARV. By accepting the Prize, the Winner of the third Sweepstakes Prize grants the Sweepstakes Entities a perpetual royalty-free, worldwide license to use their name as specified above, without any compensation (including adding the Winner's name to the Show's credits). Winner acknowledges and agrees that Sweepstakes Entities use of the Winner's name for the new character of the Show will not infringe any third-party rights.
Fourth Sweepstakes will award a Prize that consists one the Bold and the Beautiful Swag Bag. The fourth Sweepstakes Prize has an ARV of Fifty Dollars (US$50.00).
Limit one prize per person for the duration of the Promotion.
6. Prize Restrictions. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of a Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute a Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value, should a Prize or part of a Prize become unavailable. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. Please note, the Winner of the third Sweepstakes Prize will be required to provide their full name and may need to sign a release in connection with the use of Winner's name in the Show. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities.
7. Odds/Drawings/Winner Notification. Odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during each Sweepstakes. The Prize drawings will be conducted at random by Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. The potential Prize winner (the "Winners") will be notified by Administrator, via a message to their Instagram account. Potential Winners will be asked to provide their personal information, such as their name, physical address, date of birth and phone number in order to confirm eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Administrator will select up to two (2) alternate Winners per Sweepstakes. If no contact has been made with the alternates after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt to the last alternate, such Prize will not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from these Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, winning a Prize, will be the sole responsibility of each Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Winner(s) may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms"), as well as a W-9 tax form within five (5) days of notification of winning. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification(s) or a Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, the Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
11. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of these Sweepstakes, and refuse to award the Prize(s), if Winner(s) engage(s) in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of these Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of these Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with these Sweepstakes. Winner(s) agree(s) that Administrator may void a Prize or any part of a Prize that a Winner may have won and/or require the return of the Prize or any part of a Prize that a Winner may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Winner(s) further acknowledge(s) that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse, such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THESE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, these Sweepstakes are not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of these Sweepstakes, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend these Sweepstakes and select the Winner(s) from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage-due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in these Sweepstakes, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to these Sweepstakes.
14. Damaged Property. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in these Sweepstakes or downloading materials from these Sweepstakes.
15. Sweepstakes Errors. The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in these Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of these Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity(s) or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of these Sweepstakes.
16. Prize(s) and Winner(s). The Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Winner(s), the distribution of the Prize(s), the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of a Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of a Prize or any part of these Sweepstakes.
17. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in these Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the Winner(s), hereby releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in these Sweepstakes and participation in any activity related to these Sweepstakes.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THESE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THESE SWEEPSTAKES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties. THESE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZE(S) ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address and/or wireless phone number submitted at time of registration into Instagram and/or entry into these Sweepstakes. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
21. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or these Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim, arising out of, or relating to, these Official Rules and/or these Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with these Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration, as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23. Winner's List/Official Rules. For the name of the Winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by March 15, 2019 to "Winner List, B&B Fan February 'Spread the Love' Sweepstakes" c/o CBS Interactive, Inc. 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309. For Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Official Rules: B&B Fan February 'Spread the Love' Sweepstakes" for receipt by March 15, 2019. Residents of VT may omit postage on the self-addressed envelope. The name of the Winners may be posted, and the Official Rules will be posted on the CBSI web site accessible at cbs.com.