Here's How To Make Carnie Wilson's Delicious Lemon Shortbread Bites
Now you can enjoy her recipe at home!
For more information on Carnie's other delicious recipes go to Love Bites by Carnie.
Lemon Shortbread Bites Recipe
2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cardamom
½ tsp lemon extract
1 packed tbsp lemon zest
¾ cup powdered sugar
8 oz. unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Mix salt, cardamom, and flour in a bowl. Set aside.
4. Mix powdered sugar and zest.
5. With a handheld mixer or stand mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add the sugar-lemon zest mixture until combined. Add lemon extract. Add all the flour on low speed until it comes together as a dough and then STOP.
6. Roll out to 1/4” thickness into your desired shape.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-9 minutes, depending on size and your oven, until very light golden on the bottom.
NOTE: Baking a little longer will make them more crispy—you’ll find your sweet spot. They puff ever so slightly but don’t increase much in thickness. Let cool on cookie sheet for 3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.