Here's How To Make Patti LaBelle’s Shrimp Cakes
You can make her delicious recipe at home!
See the recipe below and try it for yourself!
Patti LaBelle’s Shrimp Cakes
Servings: 4 – 6
Approximately 20 peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
3 tablespoons butter
¼ cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1 large egg, lightly beaten
¼ teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
Seasoned salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Dice the shrimp.
2. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the diced shrimp and onion.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl.
4. Add the shrimp and onion and sprinkle in the bread crumbs.
5. Pour the egg and the pepper sauce on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Using your hands, gently mix all the ingredients together.
7. Form the mixture into 6 patties, about 3 inches in diameter. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour (this helps the shrimp cakes hold together).
8. Position the rack about 6 inches from the source of the heat and preheat the broiler.
9. Lightly grease the broiler pan.
10. In a small saucepan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter.
11. Place the shrimp cakes in the broiler pan and brush the tops with the melted butter. Broil the shrimp cakes until the tops are golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn and continue broiling until the other side is golden brown, about 4 more minutes.
12. Serve hot, with the lemon wedges and lemon aioli.
Patti’s Pointers: Use fresh bread crumbs, made in a blender or food processor from crustless firm white sandwich bread, not dried crumbs from a box.