6 Things To Know Before You Watch The Undercover Boss Premiere: John Hartmann, True Value
Before you settle in and enjoy the season premiere of Undercover Boss on Sunday at 8/7c, get the scoop on what you need to know about the new company and boss.
1. True Value, one of America's largest hardware stores, is a nearly 100-year-old brand. It reported nearly $2 billion in sales in 2013.
2. The boss of True Value, John Hartmann, is a former FBI agent and is armed with plenty of undercover tactics learned at the bureau.
3. John started working at a young age. His first job was picking corn as a child, then went on to a paper route, a grocery bagger and then at Lapresi's pizza shop.
4. John's undercover alias -- Louis Lapresi -- was chosen to honor the Lapresi family, the owners of the above pizza shop.
5. John's look as Louis Lapresi was refined to the very last detail. His hands were aged and nails stained to give him an older appearance.
6. The boss shadows four different jobs: sales associate, stocking associate, front end manager and cashier.
Tune into the season premiere of Undercover Boss on Sunday, December 14 at 8/7c!